Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll bet you're some idiot Cowboy fan

[ Edited by CowboyHunter on Feb 27, 2010 at 07:36:43 ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
49ers Giants

Joe hurt Craig fumbles

Originally posted by miked1978:
I think it was 90 or 91 when the Giants kicked a field goal to win the game and knock us out of the playoffs. I was a kid about 11 years old at the time and I cried like a baby. I hated the Giants for a long time after that.

That loss prevented us from the 3-peat. We are still the one and only team that close to the 3-peat. 2:40 seconds away, ugh.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Running off the field againt Tampa with over a minute left in the half in the playoffs was pretty bad.

That choice got Mooch fired.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
49ers Giants

Joe hurt Craig fumbles

Originally posted by English:
87 championships against Minnesota

and, of course, the fumbled threepeat. Real physical pain.

+1
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
I think it was 90 or 91 when the Giants kicked a field goal to win the game and knock us out of the playoffs. I was a kid about 11 years old at the time and I cried like a baby. I hated the Giants for a long time after that.

That loss prevented us from the 3-peat. We are still the one and only team that close to the 3-peat. 2:40 seconds away, ugh.

I have never been more pissed off at football than I was about that game.
craigs fumble against the giants by far. i broke my old rca tv with the brick remote i dont think i spoke a word for two weeks. dark days yall

[ Edited by Allx9er on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:49:18 ]
  • Nyner
I've been a Niner fan since the last supper (almost) and out of all those games the worst game the niners ever played was the game in 05 against the Bears. Cody Pickett finished 1 for 13 for 28 yards. I don't believe there was ever a worse performance anywhere in football then that game and McCarthy was the OC. He called mainly FB lead block running plays. The Bear defense keyed on the FB and stuffed everything. What a joke. I've had a dislike for McCarthy ever since.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Can't say I've ever been depressed over a sporting event.

your not a sports fan then

Toss up the the NFC championship game against the Giants (EFF YOU BUBBA PARIS) and the NFC championship against the Cowboys the game that let all the the cowboys fans come out of the closet and scream and yell about how they are america's team after a decade of them having to shut the eff up
For me it's easily the 1990 NFC championship game when our 3-peat went up in flames thanks to Craigs fumble, i was ready to jump off the Golden Gate for weeks!
that NFC Championship vs. Giants in 91 also costs us Joe Montana. I know Steve Young was great too, but Montana was as good as it got.

I remember we ran Craig up the gut the play before the fumble, and noticed the Giants were fighting for the ball with less than 2:00 left. We go and run the same play again and got stripped of a threepeat. Craig was tired and got careless with the ball. He had a great career that got tarnished from that one play. I still have my back to back champion 49er tee shirt from the year before. That game was depressing, yes, but I was more satisfied with that kind of loss, than what we been doing the last 7 years.
Originally posted by TheCatch:

I remember we ran Craig up the gut the play before the fumble, and noticed the Giants were fighting for the ball with less than 2:00 left. We go and run the same play again and got stripped of a threepeat. Craig was tired and got careless with the ball. He had a great career that got tarnished from that one play. I still have my back to back champion 49er tee shirt from the year before. That game was depressing, yes, but I was more satisfied with that kind of loss, than what we been doing the last 7 years.

Very true, it was a given every year we would be in the playoffs. Automatic
Share 49ersWebzone