LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

49ers Return to London 2013

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by English:
Does anybody have any tips on flying RyanAir... I'm going to be traveling all over europe, from Germany to Spain from Spain to England... so I dont want to take the train. I've got a plan set up so I will only need my backpack.

Its just that I've heard some nightmare stories about these cheap airline companies. Any advice would be awesome.

My tip on flying Ryanair would be: don't.

Try easyJet, FlyBe, Jet2, Air Berlin, British Airways if you book far anough in advance.

thanks

Mod

A lot depends on which airport you use. Heathrow is a nightmare and the low cost boys don't use it. Gatwick has just been sold and has spare capacity, so is not so bad. Stansted and Luton are the main hubs of the LCCs, but they are out a bit. easyJet has a number of flights out of Gatwick. A lot depends on where you are staying and which airport you want to fly to.
Does anybody have any tips on flying RyanAir... I'm going to be traveling all over europe, from Germany to Spain from Spain to England... so I dont want to take the train. I've got a plan set up so I will only need my backpack.

Its just that I've heard some nightmare stories about these cheap airline companies. Any advice would be awesome.

Try easyJet, FlyBe, Jet2, Air Berlin, British Airways if you book far anough in advance.

thanks

Mod

A lot depends on which airport you use. Heathrow is a nightmare and the low cost boys don't use it. Gatwick has just been sold and has spare capacity, so is not so bad. Stansted and Luton are the main hubs of the LCCs, but they are out a bit. easyJet has a number of flights out of Gatwick. A lot depends on where you are staying and which airport you want to fly to.

So complicated!

In Sydney, we have just the one airport lol

-9fA
  • mod
  • Veteran

thanks

Mod

I've been to gatwick before, i'm somewhat familiar with it. I would like to stay in the city center but I realize the tubes run all over the city so i'm not too concerned.

I actually plan on flying to either Frankfurt or Zurich... I was able to find tickets to both airports for around $700 and meet a friend in Strasbourg. From there I think i'd take a plane to either Italy or Spain to vacation. I'll leave most of my clothes/items in Strasbourg and backpack around. when i'm done i'll fly back to strasbourg, switch clothes do some laundry etc. lol and fly to London for a couple days, maybe 3 at the most. I've already been to London I dont exactly need to stay for a long time.

So what i'm saying is that Central Europe (Frankfurt/Zurich/Strasbourg etc) is my hub.
[ Edited by modninerfan on Feb 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM ]

thanks

Mod

I've been to gatwick before, i'm somewhat familiar with it. I would like to stay in the city center but I realize the tubes run all over the city so i'm not too concerned.

I actually plan on flying to either Frankfurt or Zurich... I was able to find tickets to both airports for around $700 and meat a friend in Strasbourg. From there I think i'd take a plane to either Italy or Spain to vacation. I'll leave most of my clothes/items in Strasbourg and backpack around. when i'm done i'll fly back to strasbourg, switch clothes do some laundry etc. lol and fly to London for a couple days, maybe 3 at the most. I've already been to London I dont exactly need to stay for a long time.

So what i'm saying is that Central Europe (Frankfurt/Zurich/Strasbourg etc) is my hub.

We won't let you in, then.
Just Booked my Hotel.. I am staying at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel. some buddies and I, got 2 rooms from oct 29th to nov 2nd and the total came out to 790 after taxes off of Priceline. So anyone still looking for a room this might be a good choice :)
  • Chief
  • Veteran
When do the tickets ship?
  • Babarcios
  • Info N/A
Luton is your best bet to get to Wembley quickest, not Heathrow or stanstead.
Originally posted by Chief:
When do the tickets ship?

In this day and age the ticket have to go by ship?
Originally posted by Babarcios:
Luton is your best bet to get to Wembley quickest, not Heathrow or stanstead.

Luton? Since Silverjet went I didn't think there were any direct flights. But Heathrow is quickest.
  • Babarcios
  • Info N/A
no idea if they do direct flights to luton from the US but I can see wembley stadium from my house, and it took me about an hour to get home from Luton airport by train a few months ago. From heathrow to wmebley would take at least 1/2 hour longer i would have thought.

however as a base camp for visiting london in general then Heathrow is probably better, plus it's stacked with hotels.

Re: the person staying at the Sheraton in Heathrow, tis very nice, had a work xmas party there a few years ago.

Apparently they are both 14 miles from Wembley. But there are no flights to/from USA at Luton Airport
  • Babarcios
  • Info N/A
from Luton to Wembley is almost a direct train, to get there from Heathrow you have to go into the centre of london and come out again, irrelevant if you can't fly to luton.

I'll be at wembley, not missed a game there yet, always see quite a few Niner shirts there so hopefully it'll feel more like a home game for them then it has for previous 'home' visitors.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
When do we get our tickets?!?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • mod
  • Veteran