LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Kurt Schottenheimer named ST coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quote:
Matt Maiocco: Latest candidate for 49ers special teams coordinator is Kurt Schottenheimer, formerly DC of the Chiefs, Lions, and Redskins.

He is Marty's brother and Brian Schottenheimer's Uncle.

I just researched his coaching history, I believe we have a Jimmy Raye connection on our hands...

Quote:
Team(s) as a coach/administrator

1974 William Paterson University
(Defensive Coordinator)

1978-1982 Michigan State
(Linebackers/Defensive Backs)

1983 Tulane
(Defensive Backs)

1984-1985 LSU
(Linebackers)

1986 Notre Dame
(Linebackers)

1987-1988 Cleveland Browns
(Special Teams)

1989-1994 Kansas City Chiefs
(Special Teams)

1995-1998 Kansas City Chiefs
(Defensive Backs)

1999-2000 Kansas City Chiefs
(Defensive Coordinator)

2001 Washington Redskins
(Defensive Coordinator)

2002-2003 Detroit Lions
(Defensive Coordinator)

2004 Green Bay Packers
(Defensive Backs)

2005 St. Louis Rams
(Secondary)

2006-2008 Green Bay Packers
(Secondary)

[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 15, 2010 at 17:34:02 ]
oh boy
Those teams don't really stand out to me at first glance, does anyone have any idea of what kind of track record he's sp teams units have?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
WTF!

Out of his 35 years in coaching at the college and NFL level, only 14% related to special teams.
Gee, another coach who can learn on the job. Sounds like the ghost of Nowin.
Originally posted by GEEK:
WTF!

Out of his 35 years in coaching at the college and NFL level, only 14% related to special teams.

We screwed the pooch as far as getting Bobby April so we will probly get stuck with him. Personally I would reather see Mac Duff return at this point. I seem to remember ot Special teams units being soild if not competant under him.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
WTF!

We screwed the pooch as far as getting Bobby April so we will probly get stuck with him. Personally I would reather see Mac Duff return at this point. I seem to remember ot Special teams units being soild if not competant under him.

There was like 5% chance that April was going to be a coach for the 49ers. He's settled down on the east coast. I don't blame the 49ers one bit in that situation. It's a two way street.
Nice work, great research.... oh lord just shoot me now!
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
WTF!

Agree, just hire Larry Mac Duff
Quote:
Matt Maiocco: Kurt Schottenheimer met earlier today with 49ers HC Mike Singletary about the vacant ST coordinator position, team confirms.

well i guess if we just get a kick ass PR and KR we will just rely on them to house it or get great field position vs coaching. We will be ok as long as we actually get some playmakers on ST
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Why does Sing always take forever to pick a damn coach??? Dont matter who the coach is, if they dont have a beast returnin sh*t to the house or gettin good returns that start us outside the 20.
this is why i said we shouldve never fired everest

Damnit it
Sounds like a favor to Raye and Manusky two big time Marty Schottenheimer guys
Originally posted by Dreskee:
Why does Sing always take forever to pick a damn coach??? Dont matter who the coach is, if they dont have a beast returnin sh*t to the house or gettin good returns that start us outside the 20.

Because he is an amateur.
Share 49ersWebzone