NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so excited!
this is all nike needs to do:

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:
love the white shoes

I love (and miss) 'em so much I edit all the players in Madden so they have white shoes with our latest duds.

Everytime I see that classic photo of Fred Dean's foot 'branded' with "warrior" all over the bandaged white shoe I cum.

Ok, calm down there, Rex Ryan.

LOL
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

agreed
Bump!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
please god can we go back to the old "49ERS"

Im with you 110%

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150879807890958&set=a.171355470957.123499.133312820957&type=1&theater
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

agreed

SWEEEEET!!!
Originally posted by prime21:

Im with you 110%

PLEASE bring this back!
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Originally posted by prime21:

Im with you 110%

PLEASE bring this back!

font name = "Quentin Caps"
As awesome as that 94' season was for the franchise those white pants are f**king atrocious. Why did they have to f**k with something that looked so good from the start? Throwbacks to the Montana era uniforms would be sweet but hopefully not those white pants s**t.
Originally posted by BayArea:
As awesome as that 94' season was for the franchise those white pants are f**king atrocious. Why did they have to f**k with something that looked so good from the start? Throwbacks to the Montana era uniforms would be sweet but hopefully not those white pants s**t.

The team considers the current uniform to be an updated version of the 64-95 uniform (which it basically is), so there isn't going to be a throwback to that.

Also, the 94 throwback predates the 64-95 uniforms, with the only exception being the helmet.
[ Edited by linkboy on Jun 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by linkboy:
The team considers the current uniform to be an updated version of the 64-95 uniform (which it basically is), so there isn't going to be a throwback to that.

Also, the 94 throwback predates the 64-95 uniforms, with the only exception being the helmet.

This.

A lot of the 49ers early unis (1946-63) are very spartan and glaringly simple, as befits that era (pics here: http://www.gridironuniforms.com/49ers.html).

IMO a design by Nike of a 49ers throwback uniform (or more precisely, "fauxback" since it won't be exactly accurate, just updated) ought to bring together all the best elements of the early 49ers uniform designs, namely: the 1955 dropshadow numerals, the late-50s to early-60s Colts-style red shoulder stripes on the white jersey, and the 1962-63 silver hemet with the early oval SF logo. These elements I feel would be the most eye-pleasing and classy, yet distinct enough from their classic 80's/current look, and also would be tolerable to most 49ers fans (eventually) since it honors the team's legacy.

To those that would argue, "Oh then it won't be a proper throwback" I counter that semantically, there can never really be a true throwback worn in today's NFL since modern materials and equipment will still be utilized.There are entire sites and blogs like UniWatch devoted to nitpicking the innacuracies and shortcomings of intended throwback uniforms. I would rather trade looking good for 100% accuracy any day. One need only look at the Packers, Steelers, Eagles, Broncos, Redskins, etc. "throwbacks" that have been worn in recent years to see sometimes the WORST design can be chosen. Hopefully the Niners can buck this trend.

P.S.,
Even the 1994 throwbacks made by Wilson were technically "fauxbacks" since the 89-95 gold helmet was still worn, the white road uniform's sleeve stripes and socks were innacurate and later that year the team went back to solid red socks altogether.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jun 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM ]
let's throw it all the way back.

Share 49ersWebzone