LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Wow didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

no prob...and as for the pants and helmets not matching, originally the Niners were only gonna wear the 1955 "throwbacks" for a couple games (like the rest of the league) and didn't feel the need to go all out authentic and wear the original 1955 red helmets (other teams went with the same "keep the helmet/helmet shell color" the same approach, or just removed all logos and stripes from the helmets).therefore, they just kept wearing their regular gold 1989-95 helmets. by the time they were allowed to wear the '55 unis for the rest of that season, they figured f**k it, no need to change the helmets (most players would be iffy fitting new ones probably).

bear in mind that the '94 season was really the first time an entire major sports league did special throwback uniforms for (almost) all the teams, so they could perhaps be forgiven for having growing pains in getting FULLY accurate "throwback" unis. even the white 49ers throwback jersey and socks aren't fully accurate (the stripes). all the 49ers equipment guys pretty much did was use the regular jersey as a base, remove the regular borderless/shadowless numbers/TV numbers, and sew on the shadowed "1955" numerals....they didn't bother making the sleeve stripes accurate. the striped socks were probably leftovers from the 1990 season (last time the 49ers wore them).
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Mar 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM ]
rare pics of the only time deion sanders wore the "classic" red & gold 49ers uniform = that blowout loss to philly (october 1994? IIRC) :

...well maybe not so rare, there are plenty of football cards of him from that game, but he did only wear gold pants once
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Mar 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Meh I want the 1994 jerseys back. Those were the best ones ever IMO. I would buy a Willis, Davis, or ASmith jersey if they had those jerseys.

BEAST MODE MOTHER f**kERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH

Now this I could accept!

Fro, those look nasty, bro, and I mean nasty in the bad way.
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

These are BADASS! We get these and we win the super bowl. WATCH!
the ones we have now are perfect in my opinion. except for the greenish tint when you watch on TV
Originally posted by hps49:

AGREE!!!! SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Love EM!
I always make them wear the white pants in madden doe
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Love EM!

Still don't like em.
they should do the white ones. those jerseys were f**kin sick. they probably just dont use em because atlanta looks kinda similar.

Meh I want the 1994 jerseys back. Those were the best ones ever IMO. I would buy a Willis, Davis, or ASmith jersey if they had those jerseys.

Now this I could accept!

I'd give anything to see those '94 uniforms be our twice-a-year alternates.
somebody send that pic to barrows or maiocco!!! those 94 unis would be sick as f**k as our throwbacks. it does mark an important year in niners history.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Now this I could accept!

I'd give anything to see those '94 uniforms be our twice-a-year alternates.

Yeah I don't understand why they were just forgotten. They're my favorite 9er jerseys ever
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
they should do the white ones. those jerseys were f**kin sick. they probably just dont use em because atlanta looks kinda similar.

f**k that....WE had the shadowed numerals and red, white and black look way back in 1955....TWELVE years before atlanta even had a team!

the falcons didn't even HAVE shadowed #'s til they basically COPIED our 1994 look when they redesigned their jerseys in 2004....so THEY'RE the ones actually biting off the 49ers
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Mar 30, 2012 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

f**k that....WE had the shadowed numerals and red, white and black look way back in 1955....TWELVE years before atlanta even had a team!

the falcons didn't even HAVE shadowed #'s til they basically COPIED our 1994 look when they redesigned their jerseys in 2004....so THEY'RE the ones actually biting off the 49ers

whatever the case may be, they have them now and we dont so thats how most fans will see it. i dont give a f**k tho those jerseys were sick as f**k and they were superbowl winning jerseys so i hope we see em again as throwbacks!
Share 49ersWebzone