LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Any news on if the team is going back to silver helmets....the intro page to 49ers.com has a picture of frank gore and the helmet looks like a dark silver to me....Could just been the lighting and webpage design but I think it looks awesome
Originally posted by btwagner:
Any news on if the team is going back to silver helmets....the intro page to 49ers.com has a picture of frank gore and the helmet looks like a dark silver to me....Could just been the lighting and webpage design but I think it looks awesome

I know that's exactly what i was thinking

i think its just a color accent on the red making the rest black and white. and the 49ers are red and gold. NOT red and silver
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

i think its just a color accent on the red making the rest black and white. and the 49ers are red and gold. NOT red and silver

Yes currently the colors are red and gold....However historically from 1950-1953 I am pretty sure the team silver helmets. Since we are talking about alt.uniforms it seems like a reasonable possibility that the team change helmets also.

Yes currently the colors are red and gold....However historically from 1950-1953 I am pretty sure the team silver helmets. Since we are talking about alt.uniforms it seems like a reasonable possibility that the team change helmets also.

Gold is worth more than silver. Plus why do people want black and silver on our unis so much? Those colors belong to the other team in the Bay. Just saying . I'd rather see an all red uni, f*** all this silver and black talk.
Originally posted by Goldtimer:

Gold is worth more than silver. Plus why do people want black and silver on our unis so much? Those colors belong to the other team in the Bay. Just saying . I'd rather see an all red uni, f*** all this silver and black talk.

well, you could refer to the color as PLATINUM, which is worth more than gold!

Actually, its part of the team legacy since they had silver helmet several times in the 50's and early 60's (also, I think the first coach's nickname was "the Silver Fox" 'cos of his hair and he wanted the team to have silver helmets).

Silver helmets would be a nice change up (they'd go nice w/ the white pants), but i doubt it'll happen since alternate helmets are frowned on by the league (if i remember right, the seachickens tried to have BOTH blue and silver helmets when their new duds came out in 2002, but were told to choose just one version).

throwback helmets though, are different. they can be as different from the normal helmet as possible and worn as often as the throwback jerseys are worn.

i prefer a hybrid, i.e. an alternate BASED on a throwback :

HOME ALTERNATE:
- based on the 1954-55 home uniform
- was also worn during the 1994 season (NFL's 75th Anniversary)
- considered "lucky" by the team, as they were undefeated in these red jerseys and eventually won Super Bowl XXIX
- can also be worn with triple-striped socks for a traditional "throwback" look
- silver helmet adapted from the 1962-63 uniform (regular gold helmet may be worn)

ROAD ALTERNATE:
- based on the 1962-63 white away uniform with silver helmets and pants
- original had no shadowed numerals, adapted from the 1954-55/1994 jerseys
- striped socks may also be worn for more traditional "throwback" look
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Do we need an alt. uniform? I am happy with what we got.

i liked the white pants and I want them back at least 3 times a year

At least 3 x a year?

Problem solved :

(NIGHT GAMES)

(REGULAR GAMES)

And the cool thing is that we can break the uniform rule all we want throughout the post-season (San Diego does it every year with their powder blue alternates for 'good luck').

Considering the Bolts' playoff history, it doesn't seem to be working...

Patrick uniform
[ Edited by DANADA on May 18, 2010 at 7:00 PM ]

I like this.

Originally posted by DANADA:

Patrick uniform

All red with some gold trimming would be dope IMO. I don't like to follow trends, that's just me I guess.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by doodle:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

Suweet

that's sick!

Patrick uniform

All red with some gold trimming would be dope IMO. I don't like to follow trends, that's just me I guess.

gold is our signature color, not red. all reds look like something KC or AZ would do. you gotta have more gold involved.

besides...period pants arent an intimidating look.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Patrick uniform

gold is our signature color, not red. all reds look like something KC or AZ would do. you gotta have more gold involved.

besides...period pants arent an intimidating look.

I think Gold and Red are our signature colors equally. Are you suggesting we can get rid of the red all together?

Patrick uniform

Share 49ersWebzone