3. Brady

4. Manning

5. Roethlisberger

6. S.Young

7. Marino / Tarkenton

8. Unitas

9. Brees

10. Plunkett

That is a very funny face. Umm, the list IS open to discussion.

Placing Terry Bradshaw at #2 all time exposes the flaw in letting Super Bowl rings decide which QBs are the best. Bradshaw wasn't bad, but no way in hell is he even close to being a top 20 QB all time, much less 2nd greatest. Those 4 rings were won by that defense. He played his part and helped, of course, but he wasn't the main reason they won. That's like saying Trent Dilfer was the Ravens' MVP when they won the Super Bowl.

Acccck dude. Hogwash. You are biting off way more than you can chew with that "won by the defense" statement.

Franco Harris
Lynn Swan
John Stallworth
Mike Webster
Terry Bradshaw

All of them HOF player's on that offense. Franco Harris still holds some SB records, and even had an MVP in one. Stallworth still holds some SB records.

I watched those teams firsthand, and they had some offense in most of those SB's.

The point of the statement was that the defense was more responsible than Bradshaw, and it was.

The point is arguable, and I already presented some facts to prove it. And, Bradshaw is easily a top 20 QB. Whether you like it or not, QB's are judged on SB rings. You may not think it fair or right, but statistical kings just don't get remembered, and SB kings do. It is what is, the world likes championships and they really don't care for much else.

Is it fair? Worthless question because nobody will really give's a s**t...it's all or nothing...SB or f**king bust....hero or zero....the world likes championships and really doesn't give two s**ts about anything else.

Anyone who looks up the number of Superbowls won to rank qbs is simply lazy. It's in easy way out of doing any real analysis.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:
Originally posted by crzy:
GOAT QB's (My list)

1. Montana

2. Bradshaw

3. Brady

4. Manning

5. Roethlisberger

6. S.Young

7. Marino / Tarkenton

8. Unitas

9. Brees

10. Plunkett

Placing Terry Bradshaw at #2 all time exposes the flaw in letting Super Bowl rings decide which QBs are the best. Bradshaw wasn't bad, but no way in hell is he even close to being a top 20 QB all time, much less 2nd greatest. Those 4 rings were won by that defense. He played his part and helped, of course, but he wasn't the main reason they won. That's like saying Trent Dilfer was the Ravens' MVP when they won the Super Bowl.

Acccck dude. Hogwash. You are biting off way more than you can chew with that "won by the defense" statement.

Franco Harris
Lynn Swan
John Stallworth
Mike Webster
Terry Bradshaw

All of them HOF player's on that offense. Franco Harris still holds some SB records, and even had an MVP in one. Stallworth still holds some SB records.

I watched those teams firsthand, and they had some offense in most of those SB's.

The point of the statement was that the defense was more responsible than Bradshaw, and it was.

The point is arguable, and I already presented some facts to prove it. And, Bradshaw is easily a top 20 QB. Whether you like it or not, QB's are judged on SB rings. You may not think it fair or right, but statistical kings just don't get remembered, and SB kings do. It is what is, the world likes championships and they really don't care for much else.

Is it fair? Worthless question because nobody will really give's a s**t...it's all or nothing...SB or f**king bust....hero or zero....the world likes championships and really doesn't give two s**ts about anything else.

Anyone who looks up the number of Superbowls won to rank qbs is simply lazy. It's in easy way out of doing any real analysis.

Correct, lazy will not do. Fortunately for myself.... I didn't have to look up anything, I watched them.

This is simple - How many Superbowl's did Joe lose? - 0

Joe is the man.
Montana
NFL RANK: 4
FAN RANK: 2
#1 ranked QB

BRADY
NFL RANK: 21
FAN RANK: 20
#6 QB

Its clear who is the all time best QB. Even in today's era with Brady still playing, the fans and the NFL list Montana as the #1 greatest QB and #4 greatest player of all time.

Brady ranks as the 6th best QB behind Manning and Favre etc...

If Manning can be ranked higher and have less super bowls you can tell the Spygate, tuck rule, and Vinnaterri all have a factor in the votes. A lot of people just won't give credit to cheaters IMO.

Brady is great, but there have been better.

Don't forget, Montana is a legend at Notre Dame. Watch his old footage and tell me he's not the best.

http://top100.nfl.com/
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Montana > All QB`s period.

Woooooooot!!!
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Montana
#1 ranked QB

BRADY
#6 QB

Its clear who is the all time best QB. Even in today's era with Brady still playing, the fans and the NFL list Montana as the #1 greatest QB and #4 greatest player of all time.

If Manning can be ranked higher and have less super bowls you can tell the Spygate, tuck rule, and Vinnaterri all have a factor in the votes. A lot of people just won't give credit to cheaters IMO.

Don't forget, Montana is a legend at Notre Dame. Watch his old footage and tell me he's not the best.

The fact that Brady ranks behind Favre nullifies the validity of those rankings.
Please make this stop already.... Brady shouldn't be compare to Montana period, he's nowhere close.....i rather have a discussion of Montana vs Manning
Originally posted by Sugatis:
This is simple - How many Superbowl's did Joe lose? - 0

Joe is the man.

Big Ben is getting close to 3 for 3..
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Yes, that's a problem that needs fixing. Somebody dangle a call girl in front of him.

Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Joe cool didn't lose a superbowl and never played like Brady is in today's playoff game. There was lack of clarity and conviction on this debate a couple of years ago. No more. When the big games come, the debate is over. Joe Montana is the better QB.

Discuss.....

I agree with you.

But Peyton > than Montana

Na , Peyton needs to win some more SB before you can say that . Peyton stinks it up in the playoffs way to much . I would say Brady before Peyton .

Yeah ... Manning???? He's 9-10 in the post season. He's lost a super bowl. He isn't even the best QB of the decade. Manning is the most overrated player in football history, IMO. His super bowl victory came against Rex Grossman for chrissake!
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Montana
#1 ranked QB

BRADY
#6 QB

The fact that Brady ranks behind Favre nullifies the validity of those rankings.

Not really ... the case AGAINST Tom Brady

1. His first SB was won in spite of his performance, not because of it. His team made it to the AFC Championship Game that year because of the Tuck Rule and Vinatieri's clutch kicks in the snow. Brady didn't even play in the AFC Championship Game that year - Bledsoe beat Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh. In the SB, Vinatieri kicked the game winning FG and the defense played out of its mind. Brady threw for 120 yards.

2. His second SB came against the Jake Delhomme-led Panthers and the victory was sealed by another Vinatieri FG.

3. He lost a super bowl. To a team quarterbacked by Eli Manning.

4. Since Adam Vinatieri left NE, the Patriots have gone 4-5 in the playoffs.

5. In Brady's two most-prolific seasons (2007 and 2010) he will win MVP of the regular season only to be bounced in the playoffs.

Versus ... The case FOR Bret Favre (not being the GOAT, just better than Brady)

1. Holds every significant career passing record.

2. Holds record for most consecutive games played.

3. 1-1 in the SB ... his loss came against John Elway's Broncos.

4. Played in an era where two franchises (Cowboys and 49ers) had teams that rank among the greatest of all time and in that era played in 4 Championship Games and 2 SBs.

5. No other offensive player on any of his best teams will make the HOF. He threw to good WRs, not HOFers like Rice, Irvin, or Randy Moss.

So yeah, I can see the case being made that Favre is better than Brady.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by crzy:
GOAT QB's (My list)

1. Montana

2. Bradshaw

3. Brady

4. Manning

5. Roethlisberger

6. S.Young

7. Marino / Tarkenton

8. Unitas

9. Brees

10. Plunkett

Franco Harris
Lynn Swan
John Stallworth
Mike Webster
Terry Bradshaw

This.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Joe cool didn't lose a superbowl and never played like Brady is in today's playoff game. There was lack of clarity and conviction on this debate a couple of years ago. No more. When the big games come, the debate is over. Joe Montana is the better QB.

Discuss.....

I agree with you.

But Peyton > than Montana

Na , Peyton needs to win some more SB before you can say that . Peyton stinks it up in the playoffs way to much . I would say Brady before Peyton .

Yeah ... Manning???? He's 9-10 in the post season. He's lost a super bowl. He isn't even the best QB of the decade. Manning is the most overrated player in football history, IMO. His super bowl victory came against Rex Grossman for chrissake!

So you look at the Colts playoff record since Manning has been there and automatically put that on Manning?

P.S. Their Superbowl win came against the Bears, not Rex Grossman.

P.P.S. Brady is very good, but even so he's the most over-rated player in the NFL right now.
1.montana
2.young
3.garcia
4.manning
5.brady
Share 49ersWebzone