There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Very impressed with the 9rs and the organization this season...

I normally just read everyone's thoughts, because if we dare to post an opinion, typically the reaction from the zoners is reactive and void of any deep thought. But I keep reading this crap about the team, and felt compelled to share...

We have moved from the freakin' laughing stock of the NFL, to a legitimate conteding football team. These past years have been F'n awful. So many broken remotes, couches ... chasing the kids around the house threatening to Patrick Willis them both lol

Sometimes the dichotomy that is 9r fan is funny to follow. One week we cheer, then he next week we are pist. Perhaps the "glory" years spoiled us, but what is up with all the haters? Have you forgotten the past 6 years? The F'n blowouts!? NOT saying a word at work? Keeping your mouth shut at a bar because our team is just awful - Pathetic football...but now, now we look good and WILL be better next season.

We are a couple of points away from the next level this year...

The coaching staff is new, learning and impressing me. Although some of you may think they are neophytes, the truth is, they were able, on a dime, to change the entire offense. This is amazing, to go from a RUN first, to throw? They managed d this change in a week! Our offense rank is 29! How great is that? 29 and this close to the playoffs? (I know, playoffs? lmao) As our offense grows, and we rise up the ranks, the possibilities are exciting.

Smith was MUCH improved - I watch the games and see that additional improvement is needed too. I feel confident he will work hard, study and continue grow.
Gore looks awesome, of course
VD has come into his own - he looks awesome. Couple of drops, but take the bad for the good. Wish he would have caught the missed TD against Seattle … uh
Crabtree is amazing - can't wait to see him next season
Morgan is a pimp - really coming into his own. Very athletic
Need a RT, for sure; maybe a guard too

Need a solid returner

The Defense looks sharp with only a few needs to be complete.

GM did a great job acquiring another first round pick - Brilliant!

Sing and his staff have been strong, humble and willing ... these are sure signs of leadership. Leadership has been lost for sometime in the city by the bay...

I am excited about the possibility of 8-8 this year. I am always a 9r fan, and now, now I can say we are at least .500 ... it is compilation of little victories that creates champions.

Here is to a healthy and happy 49er 2010 to all of you!

9r4lf
Daa-Doo
Yay for being in the middle of the pack.

We are excited about 8 - 8 and mediocrity... You have to admire the YORKIES. They have lowered expectations so dramatically that if you have bargain value at GM, HC, OC and front office positions people still applaud. We are happy with 8 - 8 now. That's how far this once proud franchise has sunk.

Wow I miss Eddie D. I really wish he didn't mess up in Louisiana with that shady gambling deal.
LMFAO ... it never fails. The vultures go right to hating. I wonder what a NFL team would look like with them as the leadership; them making the decisions. lol

Classic 9r haters.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
You're "very impressed" that we're average? What would you be if we were, i don't know, actually a good team?
[ Edited by A-R-S on Jan 2, 2010 at 12:56 PM ]
I am impressed at the growth of our team from where we were just a short time ago, my friend. How can you not be? We were absolutely pathetic; and embarrassment to the league. How can you not see this and translate that into excitement that the team is heading in a good direction?
Originally posted by Daa-Doo:
LMFAO ... it never fails. The vultures go right to hating. I wonder what a NFL team would look like with them as the leadership; them making the decisions. lol

Classic 9r haters.

We just expect more from our team. We don't excited over being just average.

This organization has a standard that was set a long time ago.

Classic 9r haters.

Don't let them get you down!

There are plenty of realistic Niner fans on the board who recognize that Rome wasn't built in a day.

As you say, there were many positive steps made this year. One step at a time.

Starting with two first round picks this year!
Originally posted by susweel:

Classic 9r haters.

Understood, and agreed. I am looking at the path that is getting us back there. I look at .500, as that growth to the top. It looks good for the future is what I am saying, where as it hasn't in a long time.

Classic 9r haters.

Understood, and agreed. I am looking at the path that is getting us back there. I look at .500, as that growth to the top. It looks good for the future is what I am saying, where as it hasn't in a long time.

Yes agreed, hopefully we can get that W tommorrow and get there. Only thing that's frustrating is that some crappy teams can turn it around one year, its taking us an entire decade.

Classic 9r haters.

Yes agreed, hopefully we can get that W tommorrow and get there. Only thing that's frustrating is that some crappy teams can turn it around one year, its taking us an entire decade.

We have the YORKIES. They have been talking about a stadium for a decade too. And they don't have the final location picked out yet or ground broken or financing secured. All they have been able to produce for a decade are pretty INTERNET CONCEPT DRAWINGS...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Classic 9r haters.

We have the YORKIES. They have been talking about a stadium for a decade too. And they don't have the final location picked out yet or ground broken or financing secured. All they have been able to produce for a decade are pretty INTERNET CONCEPT DRAWINGS...

I just have a feeling that the niners will never be nothing with the York's in charge. Hopefully young Jed can do something but I don't think he has full freedom from his parents.
You kids make it sound like teams are pulling the 2000 Rams every year like it's nothing.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Classic 9r haters.

I just have a feeling that the niners will never be nothing with the York's in charge. Hopefully young Jed can do something but I don't think he has full freedom from his parents.

You are correct they will never amount to anything under the YORKIES. Mediocrity forever until they sell it to Larry Ellison or Steve Young and Brent Jones.
  • CalgaryNiner
  • Info N/A
It's always refreshing to hear some optimism around here. When you really look back objectively at how bad we were the year Nolan took over, no one can deny that we've made progress. Obviously, it's not fast enough for some fans, but you can't please everyone...

Sure, some teams can turn things around with a quick fix. I would challenge someone to come up with an example that didn't already have some solid players to build around. We literally had no talent - maybe Julian Peterson and BY, but that's about it. Rattay, Barlow, Lloyd and Battle were our starters!?! Wow, just wow.

Also, find a team that turned things around quickly that sustained their success. Throwing money at free agents may give you some fast success, but nothing that lasts.

We are building this team the right way - through the draft. It's the slow way, but the right way. I believe that when (not if) we make it back to the elite level, we will have built the team in a way that will last.