There are 184 users in the forums

batted down passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think it's a combo of Alex not finding passing lanes and a low release point.
Batted down passes just about always means the DL is getting far closer to the QB than they should be being allowed to..

Our pocket is collapsing immediately, and to an inferior defensive team.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1
Originally posted by jays9ers:

Can't find something that is not there - dude the OL even the ST line is getting OWNED
The o-line is not getting enough push to keep a nice pocket. You can see the defenders still pushing our linemen around while they put their hands up to bat the passes. That's ridiculous! Our linemen are losing to guys using one arm for rushing and one for blocking passes.
Like I sad in another thread.

Just rewatch our game vs Philly, and they'll show you how to block to keep the dlinemans hands down.

That's why mcnabb beat us last week.
  • danielpritchard
  • Info N/A
no pump fakes, stares down receiver, doesnt go through progressions, i think its on alex... even though our o-line sucks
it's because we don't run the ball. I hate Jimmy Raye right now. Why does he keep throwing the ball?
Batted down passes, INT's, poorly thrown balls...yes the 0-line is subpar and the playcalling is vanilla, but we can't keep making excuses for Alex Smith. Even when he has time he rarely hits his WR's in stride nor puts them in a position to make some gains after the catch. Good QB's can make those throws. I've seen enough, it's time to find a QB. Smith will never be a top ten QB in this league.
Originally posted by skibeerski:
Batted down passes, INT's, poorly thrown balls...yes the 0-line is subpar and the playcalling is vanilla, but we can't keep making excuses for Alex Smith. Even when he has time he rarely hits his WR's in stride nor puts them in a position to make some gains after the catch. Good QB's can make those throws. I've seen enough, it's time to find a QB. Smith will never be a top ten QB in this league.

maybe if he gets to practice with his WRs for once and gets to stay in same type ofoffense for 2 years in a row he might o and get him an o line i swear to god the lions o line is better than ours

Originally posted by danielpritchard:
no pump fakes, stares down receiver, doesnt go through progressions, i think its on alex... even though our o-line sucks

You can't make a pump fake or go through progressions when you have to outrun the oline ever play because the pussi** are getting pushed back into you EVERY play

You don't have to stare down a receiver for the D to who the first receiver is and to just wait on it because he doesn't have time to throw anywhere else.

Sit on the hot routes game over.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by skibeerski:

maybe if he gets to practice with his WRs for once and gets to stay in same type ofoffense for 2 years in a row he might o and get him an o line i swear to god the lions o line is better than ours

Maybe a no-brainer o-line pick will fall to us in the draft like Crabtree because that's the only way I have faith McClueless will make a good pick.
  • dj43

Smith does not have a low release point.

If you want to see how to avoid blocked passes, go look at the tape of the Philly game. Note how often the Philly OL would cut the 49er pass rushers. This forces the DL to keep their hands down to protect their knees. The result is clear passing lanes for the QB.
Originally posted by dj43:

Smith does not have a low release point.

If you want to see how to avoid blocked passes, go look at the tape of the Philly game. Note how often the Philly OL would cut the 49er pass rushers. This forces the DL to keep their hands down to protect their knees. The result is clear passing lanes for the QB.

LOL, you know what the funny thing is. Its' the truth, but watch in the next few posts, how they completely ignore the correct answer, and keep on with the hate.
Originally posted by danielpritchard:
is there a stat for batted down passes at the line of scrimmage? i sware Alex Smith would break the record if there was lol, anyone else notice this? is it because they dont know how to throw the ball over 5 yards?

Yeah... it's called deflected passes. Whether it be from the line or from anywhere else on the field there is a stat that covers it. Not always official, but still a stat.
Share 49ersWebzone