LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

The Lions and Rams Games: Foundation Games for the 2010 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
@ this post.

Look at who our 8 wins would be against. 5 divisional opponents, the lions, Jaguars and Bears, oh my. I will give you however that against better teams we've played a whole lot stronger.

However, for me it already feels like the season is over. I dont feel we can learn anything from these last two games. Now matter how well we play you can always chalk it up to, "well it's just the Lions or Rams." If I remember correctly we blanked the Rams earlier in the season and ultimately what did that mean? It would be pretty hard to follow that act up.

I would much rather go 6 and 10 by playing top quality competion the last two games because at least then we could really measure ourselves. As far as I'm concerned anything we do the rest of the season is meaningless except VD breaking the TD record and Gore getting his 1000 yards.

And please dont let us lose either of these games, because that will make for a really s**tty off season.

I'm already looking towards the draft. I can't wait to read your input.

and that's why you live in oakland
A few notes: While I can understand why some people would consider the last two games "meaningless", every team, every year plays a fair amount of games against stinkers, and they add to the win total. It just happens our stinkers come back to back at the end of the year.

The bottom line is that this team, if it takes care of business, will have the best record in almost a decade, and signs point to a bright future.

The key question is the approach the team takes in free agency and the draft.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM ]
I'm looking forward to these last 2 games to see who plays. I would like to see Reggie Smith play some extensive time. Also I hope we sit a lot of the vets and just let the young guys play. It will send the message that no one's job is safe.

I might be the only one but I can careless if we win these last 2, especially if the young guys play.
Share 49ersWebzone