There are 281 users in the forums

York confirms no major offseason changes are coming

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by darkknight49:
good.

There are very few upgrades available via Free Agency this season. I would be content with a veteran OG or OLB, even if it ends up being camp fodder.
Part of the reason he's saying that may well be he's planning on no new CBA...meaning 212 would-be UFA's will be RFA's instead. Under that scenario, there will most likely be a sharp down-turn of player movement. Another possibility is he's just playing possum...something he may've learned from Nolan. Lastly, he may be getting held hostage by his parents...who really hold the purse strings. He may hold the title of President, but not sure how much real latitude he has.
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/12/york-confirms-no-major-offseason-changes-are-coming.html

York said he does not believe major shakeups are needed for 2010 among some of the key 49ers employees, such as head coach, general manager, the coordinators and the quarterback.

also
When asked if Smith would be back as the 49ers' starting quarterback next season, York answered, "That's not for me to decide, but I don't think you'll see him going anywhere."

I told yall with the chicken and steaks post! They are happy with chickens!!
The safest thing to do when you don't know what to do is to do nothing.
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/12/york-confirms-no-major-offseason-changes-are-coming.html

York said he does not believe major shakeups are needed for 2010 among some of the key 49ers employees, such as head coach, general manager, the coordinators and the quarterback.

also
When asked if Smith would be back as the 49ers' starting quarterback next season, York answered, "That's not for me to decide, but I don't think you'll see him going anywhere."

They are keeping the FO intact in order to attempt to keep the team on the same path for more than 1 year in a row and build an identity as a team and organization. Shocking to try and do that, huh?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

also

They are keeping the FO intact in order to attempt to keep the team on the same path for more than 1 year in a row and build an identity as a team and organization. Shocking to try and do that, huh?

Yeah, it seems to work well for some teams. For instance, most of the teams that go to the superbowl
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

also

Yeah, it seems to work well for some teams. For instance, most of the teams that go to the superbowl

Share 49ersWebzone