There are 283 users in the forums

What have the Niners done this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What have the Niners done this season

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
again 8-8 is what i predicted before the season even started because this is pretty much the same team as last year. McClueless needs to start gettin some impact players in free agency and the draft, the niners got the cap room to do it.

McClueless needs to fix the damn OLine problem. This team will always have an offense that sucks until that OLine is fixed.

no doubt oline is on top of the list aswell as joe haden
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Niners could have won at least 3-4 more games, if they had a HC with a clue and actual HCing experience. This team lacks a identity esp on Offensive side of the ball, and road games they look lost and unprepared for the entire first half time and time again.

I expect 2010 to be another disappointment with Singletary at the helm.

Jed York needs to bring in a HC whos been in game time situations and doesn't use all the teams TOs with 6+ minutes in the first quarter of a game

damn man go be negative somewhere else. he's a rookie head coach and he made mistakes, yes, but really -- writing off the 2010 season already?

I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are..if you disagree I can respect that...but telling me to leave cause you disagree with me is just rude.

Ignore my posts if you don't like them, or make a arguement for Singletary being more prepared next season. But don't tell me to leave a website that I have just as much right to voice my opinion on, as you or anyone else does
[ Edited by 9erfreak on Dec 22, 2009 at 2:53 PM ]
again 8-8 is what i predicted before the season even started because this is pretty much the same team as last year. McClueless needs to start gettin some impact players in free agency and the draft, the niners got the cap room to do it.

McClueless needs to fix the damn OLine problem. This team will always have an offense that sucks until that OLine is fixed.

If we can't get Berry(with probably won't happen) I say bring in a play maker at CB. Move Clements to FS. Starting DB line up

CB: Spencer/??
Safety: Goldson/Clements
  • Slippy509
  • Info N/A

If we can't get Berry(with probably won't happen) I say bring in a play maker at CB. Move Clements to FS. Starting DB line up

Clements needs to play CB. 2 reasons, he is still good and he makes too much to be a safety. Plus, Very few have actually made that transition successful. Rod woodson to name one. Even charles woodson had to move back to corner.
AS far as I know harris will be back next year and maybe bly if we want him. Our corners are better than most teams out there. We need to draft a top tier safety! and there are a couple. We should be in position to get one.
Originally posted by Slippy509:

Clements needs to play CB. 2 reasons, he is still good and he makes too much to be a safety. Plus, Very few have actually made that transition successful. Rod woodson to name one. Even charles woodson had to move back to corner.
AS far as I know harris will be back next year and maybe bly if we want him. Our corners are better than most teams out there. We need to draft a top tier safety! and there are a couple. We should be in position to get one.

the only safety the team should even consider drafting is Berry, and there is no way he falls to us in the draft.
I feel like they should have 2 more wins. If the niners don't at least reach the second round of the playoffs next year, I want Jed to clean house.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I feel like they should have 2 more wins. If the niners don't at least reach the second round of the playoffs next year, I want Jed to clean house.

Agreed, they left at least 2 wins on the table!
  • Slippy509
  • Info N/A

the only safety the team should even consider drafting is Berry, and there is no way he falls to us in the draft.

What about Mays? I think he could do just fine.

he couldn't do any worse than micheal lewis with his concusions, michael lewis has really fallen off this year, goldson has more tackles than him

Mays has absolutely no ball skill, he is a glorified hitter better suited to playing OLB than safety. He is big and fast, but lacks the skills you want to see in a NFL safety, can you say Roy Williams all over again?

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Mays has absolutely no ball skill, he is a glorified hitter better suited to playing OLB than safety. He is big and fast, but lacks the skills you want to see in a NFL safety, can you say Roy Williams all over again?

I couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Slippy509
  • Info N/A

Roy williams is a replay of leroy butler, he played in the box his whole career in college, and anyone in the draft can have shortcomings! U said it BIG and FAST, Roy does not have 4.28 speed!

Roy williams is a replay of leroy butler, he played in the box his whole career in college, and anyone in the draft can have shortcomings! U said it BIG and FAST, Roy does not have 4.28 speed!

4.28 speed means nothing when you cannot cover. We need a FS anyways, Goldson can move over to SS and is probably better suited to play there. We need another playmaker in the secondary, not a over hyped hitter with below average cover skills. If Berry is not on the board, the kid from Clemson would work.
9erfreak you are right on the money about singletary and the lack of knowledge he has shown coaching.run d stellar.pass d s**tty.wont even mention o.st horrible.battle drops another
  • Slippy509
  • Info N/A

4.28 speed means nothing when you cannot cover. We need a FS anyways, Goldson can move over to SS and is probably better suited to play there. We need another playmaker in the secondary, not a over hyped hitter with below average cover skills. If Berry is not on the board, the kid from Clemson would work.

I agree with speed does not translate to cover, but he is not being asked to be a corner, he is a safety and there arent too many with great cover skills anyway. Look at troy or ed. They are not known for their cover ability. They just dont miss gaps in the secondary. I brought up the speed because u compared him to Roy. As a safety u need to hit and not get beat deep. BIG and FAST can do that.
Share 49ersWebzone