Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I understand why he apologized, but he was just trying to keep Smith's confidence up. The first int was on Vernon, the rest were bad decisions on Smith's behalf. The defense obviously confused him on the Samuels pick. Experience should help with those kind of mistakes, it wasn't the first time that Philly's defense has sneaked up on a QB, won't be the last either.

I actually think it was more than that, Memphis. I think Sing studied the film (like Jersey9er stated) and saw blown routes by the receivers... missed blocks... lazy efforts, etc. and realized that what we all saw live did not tell the whole story. That while Smith struggled mightily, there were a lot more failures from others that led to his failures.

( of course, that's speculative, but that's all we poor outsiders can go off of )

I think that most of the problems with the offense are of the nature of lack of playing time together. I am pretty confident that after an off season and preseason of working together the offense will be much better as a unit. Continuity is what this team has lacked for the past eight years and now is as good of a time to change that as any. Chemistry is a must between receivers and quarterbacks, and while it has shown up from time to time, the word of the day is consistency, the way to build consistency is through continuity. All you chicken littles blabbering on about changing things need to realize that is exactly why we are at the point we are after 6 straight losing seasons.

Oh no Memphis...youre wrong. Dont you know? We just need to go to the Free Agents Screen and find the guy with the highest QB RATEENG DOOD and SYNE HIM.

fOR ReaLZ Do0D!!!1!1!11!!11!!

We ShOuLd ToEtAlLy TrAdE fOr FaVrE

PayToN ManNiNg D00DZ!1!

Ur Da MaNz Y DiDn'T i ThInK aBoUt ThAt

MHATT FLINN HAZ A 72 DOOD!!! LETZ SENDZ SMYTH FOR FLYIN AND 4TH RHOUND PYCK!

ANNND PLEEEZ WEE NEEDZ MHOR SKILLZ DRILLZ

TrAdE AlL dRaFt PiCkS fOr MoOrE fRoM CaRoLiNa. He BeAt MiNnAsOtA

LOHLZ OR OR OR JUZT CHAYNGE HYZ POZISHUN TO WR SO HIZ RATEEING IS LOWE THEN ONLEE SENHND A SEVUNTH RD PYCK DOOD.

DUN WURRY DOOD...I DOOZ IT ALL THUH TYME.

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by crzy:
I can't wait until 2011 when we've finally realized what has been 100% apparent from Day 1.... that Alex Smith is not the answer

So you are rooting for the Niners to flop in 2010?

Go be a fan of the Raiders, the Niners don't need your type.

No hes just being realistic dude
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
I can't wait until 2011 when we've finally realized what has been 100% apparent from Day 1.... that Alex Smith is not the answer

realistic??
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

try again
Originally posted by luv49rs:

try again

wait wait wait! Are you a Smith supporter now Luv??? I could have swore you would rather have herpes then have Smith as the QB
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

try again

wait wait wait! Are you a Smith supporter now Luv??? I could have swore you would rather have herpes then have Smith as the QB

lol i'm not sure how to describe myself but i'm not a smith hater...i used to be, and he proved me wrong. now, as he's struggling again, i don't think the answer is to dump him and draft another QB. he should be the starter next year and see how that goes, imo.

try again

lol i'm not sure how to describe myself but i'm not a smith hater...i used to be, and he proved me wrong. now, as he's struggling again, i don't think the answer is to dump him and draft another QB. he should be the starter next year and see how that goes, imo.

I pretty much agree with everything you just said.

try again

Yeah i undy what u mean.. don't worry it.. I believe it, they will make playoff 2010. Trust me sweetie!..

No, realistic would be to say that we do not know whether Smith is the answer or not. What he is doing is hoping for failure so he can be right, which is more important to him than what is best for this team. He will be the starter going in to next year most likely and if after having an off season to build chemistry with his targets, he can't get it done, then we try a new QB, the best QB that was supposed to go pro this year decided to stay in Washington for one more year anyways, they rest of the guys are all over hyped anyways.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
In all my years I have never heard of a coach apologizing to his players. Especially if that player has just thrown 3 ints.

Wtf is going on here

No, realistic would be to say that we do not know whether Smith is the answer or not. What he is doing is hoping for failure so he can be right, which is more important to him than what is best for this team. He will be the starter going in to next year most likely and if after having an off season to build chemistry with his targets, he can't get it done, then we try a new QB, the best QB that was supposed to go pro this year decided to stay in Washington for one more year anyways, they rest of the guys are all over hyped anyways.

This. Why is this so hard to understand?
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
(Asked by MM)On why 49ers quarterbacks have started well and hit a wall the last couple of seasons:

“First of all, I have not seen Alex hit a wall. I have to be very honest there, that is why I am looking forward to the next two games. I have not seen him hit a wall. I think he has been consistent. We can go back to the Tennessee game and you say, ‘Hey, he had four turnovers.’ No, no he didn’t. There was some help that he had in that game, and it was the same in this game. It is a shame to me that every time a quarterback throws an interception that automatically it’s him. The guy is off, well he stinks. I think it is very important, and you have to evaluate it as the coach and make sure that you are looking at that quarterback and not destroy him and forget about the other parties involved. Is it the line, are they giving him enough protection? Is it the receivers, are they getting where they are supposed to go? Is there a trust factor, that receiver, can he trust him? There are a lot of different issues, which is why when I look at the film I am very encouraged. I don’t have a situation in here where I am sitting back thinking, ‘Man, I thought Alex was making progress and now I don’t know.’ I’m not there at all, I promise you. I feel very good about his progression and the fact that he has only played a month and a half, maybe two, I am very encouraged by what I have seen in a short amount of time for a guy who has been out of football for a couple of years.”

After reading this fellas, why cant we just put personal bias aside and support our team going into 2010.

I mean Im a Smith supporter, but I say 2010 is it for him, If he does start and doesnt get it done, then his ass is gone too. However, why cant we as fans just come together and support the team.

Already there are posts about 2011. Bout 2010, being a total washout, and we didnt even finish this season yet. I'm just saying overall, Sing isnt an TEAM excuse guy, he tells you what he feels whether you like it or not.

His words above shows me that he recognizes other faults on the offense and not just the qb play. From those words, if you draw any other conclusion other then that it's about the team, and your first words are Alex Smith this or that negatively. Then honestly you shouldnt even write at all next year, because it would be nice to start a season out positively and consistently with the same team for another full year.

I understand why he apologized, but he was just trying to keep Smith's confidence up. The first int was on Vernon, the rest were bad decisions on Smith's behalf. The defense obviously confused him on the Samuels pick. Experience should help with those kind of mistakes, it wasn't the first time that Philly's defense has sneaked up on a QB, won't be the last either.

I actually think it was more than that, Memphis. I think Sing studied the film (like Jersey9er stated) and saw blown routes by the receivers... missed blocks... lazy efforts, etc. and realized that what we all saw live did not tell the whole story. That while Smith struggled mightily, there were a lot more failures from others that led to his failures.

( of course, that's speculative, but that's all we poor outsiders can go off of )

I think that most of the problems with the offense are of the nature of lack of playing time together. I am pretty confident that after an off season and preseason of working together the offense will be much better as a unit. Continuity is what this team has lacked for the past eight years and now is as good of a time to change that as any. Chemistry is a must between receivers and quarterbacks, and while it has shown up from time to time, the word of the day is consistency, the way to build consistency is through continuity. All you chicken littles blabbering on about changing things need to realize that is exactly why we are at the point we are after 6 straight losing seasons.

Oh no Memphis...youre wrong. Dont you know? We just need to go to the Free Agents Screen and find the guy with the highest QB RATEENG DOOD and SYNE HIM.

fOR ReaLZ Do0D!!!1!1!11!!11!!

We ShOuLd ToEtAlLy TrAdE fOr FaVrE

PayToN ManNiNg D00DZ!1!

Ur Da MaNz Y DiDn'T i ThInK aBoUt ThAt

MHATT FLINN HAZ A 72 DOOD!!! LETZ SENDZ SMYTH FOR FLYIN AND 4TH RHOUND PYCK!

ANNND PLEEEZ WEE NEEDZ MHOR SKILLZ DRILLZ

TrAdE AlL dRaFt PiCkS fOr MoOrE fRoM CaRoLiNa. He BeAt MiNnAsOtA

LOHLZ OR OR OR JUZT CHAYNGE HYZ POZISHUN TO WR SO HIZ RATEEING IS LOWE THEN ONLEE SENHND A SEVUNTH RD PYCK DOOD.

DUN WURRY DOOD...I DOOZ IT ALL THUH TYME.

Awesome... and unfortunately all too accurate.

Nothing to disagree with here, right on.
Susweel wrote "WTF is going on here?" Could someone explain it to him again, and keep it simple.
Share 49ersWebzone