There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary apologizes to Alex Smith

how about an apology to the fans for failing on a weekly basis?
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
alex leaf is a needs to be a career backup. he is our best QB on the team, but that just shows how much we really need to get a elite QB.

anyone who thinks alex smith is the answer to our quarterback woes needs to have their head examined

im posting this before he shreds the sorry lions and rams and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon

You just don't get an elite QB. There are only 3 or 4 of them in the league at anyone time.

And it's not like a team drafts a QB and he's an elite QB. Brees was basically benched and many thought he would be out of the league after the Chargers drafted Eli Manning. Or look at Tom Brady. He sat for years before getting a chance to play. Peyton Manning threw over 20 INTs and wasn't elite until a few years into the league (all the while having the same offensive system etc.).

It takes time to learn the QB position even if you have all the advantages (same offensive system, same personal, same coaches). Smith has never had that. The 9ers basically took the "how to screw up a young QB and make sure he doesn't have the system to do well" approach. Not the smartest organization around and no wonder we have been losing for over 7 years.

when was brees benched? for the day the chargers had eli manning?
and peyton had a 90 qb rating his second season in the nfl. alex has ever had a season better than his current 78.5. he sucks bro, get over it.

its a excuse to say that alex is still "learning". this is the dudes 5th year in the nfl.
how long can we let someone develop? and whats the best he can develop into? according to this logic, as long as he provides "improvements" each season we should leave him in. never mind the fact that the team has been tanking all those years.

he is not the answer
Originally posted by taney71:
alex leaf is a needs to be a career backup. he is our best QB on the team, but that just shows how much we really need to get a elite QB.

anyone who thinks alex smith is the answer to our quarterback woes needs to have their head examined

im posting this before he shreds the sorry lions and rams and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon

You just don't get an elite QB. There are only 3 or 4 of them in the league at anyone time.

And it's not like a team drafts a QB and he's an elite QB. Brees was basically benched and many thought he would be out of the league after the Chargers drafted Eli Manning. Or look at Tom Brady. He sat for years before getting a chance to play. Peyton Manning threw over 20 INTs and wasn't elite until a few years into the league (all the while having the same offensive system etc.).

It takes time to learn the QB position even if you have all the advantages (same offensive system, same personal, same coaches). Smith has never had that. The 9ers basically took the "how to screw up a young QB and make sure he doesn't have the system to do well" approach. Not the smartest organization around and no wonder we have been losing for over 7 years.

when was brees benched? for the day the chargers had eli manning?
and peyton had a 90 qb rating his second season in the nfl. alex has ever had a season better than his current 78.5. he sucks bro, get over it.

its a excuse to say that alex is still "learning". this is the dudes 5th year in the nfl.
how long can we let someone develop? and whats the best he can develop into? according to this logic, as long as he provides "improvements" each season we should leave him in. never mind the fact that the team has been tanking all those years.

he is not the answer

Look at the OLine Peyton Manning has and compare it to the OLine Smith has. then come back and try and compare the two.
Singletary needs to apologize to the fans and ownership for costing this team several games and our season ending after week 17.

While he is not responsible for all the teams shortcomings he should be held responsible for several problems that have plagued this team from week 1.

1. Lack of 3rd down converstions on offense 27th of 32 (56 of 186 for 30%)
2. Horrible game management and Time Outs.
3. Unprepared team on nearly every road game this season (1-6 record on the road)
4. Terrible first halfs against several teams.
35 first half points allowed to Atlanta... 21 first half points allowed to Houston... 23 first half points allowed to GB...and 20 first half points allowed to Philly.
5. No experience resulting in a lack of identity on the Offensive side of the ball Power run team 1 week spread offense the next, and a Defense that plays "lights out 1 week then turns around the next week and teams walk all over them.

With a HC actual HCing experience and X's and O's knowledge who puts his players in the best position to succeed this could have, should have been at least a 10-6 team and playing beyond week 17.
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Singletary needs to apologize to the fans and ownership for costing this team several games and our season ending after week 17.

While he is not responsible for all the teams shortcomings he should be held responsible for several problems that have plagued this team from week 1.

3. Unprepared team on nearly every road game this season (1-6 record on the road)
35 first half points allowed to Atlanta... 21 first half points allowed to Houston... 23 first half points allowed to GB...and 20 first half points allowed to Philly.
5. No experience resulting in a lack of identity on the Offensive side of the ball Power run team 1 week spread offense the next, and a Defense that plays "lights out 1 week then turns around the next week and teams walk all over them.

With a HC actual HCing experience and X's and O's knowledge who puts his players in the best position to succeed this could have, should have been at least a 10-6 team and playing beyond week 17.

He needs to apologize for the Vikings game and the Colts game. Sitting on minimal leads
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 9erfreak:

He needs to apologize for the Vikings game and the Colts game. Sitting on minimal leads

Great point!!! I didn't even add overly conservative play in several games to that list

TY Backontop
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I understand why he apologized, but he was just trying to keep Smith's confidence up. The first int was on Vernon, the rest were bad decisions on Smith's behalf. The defense obviously confused him on the Samuels pick. Experience should help with those kind of mistakes, it wasn't the first time that Philly's defense has sneaked up on a QB, won't be the last either.

I actually think it was more than that, Memphis. I think Sing studied the film (like Jersey9er stated) and saw blown routes by the receivers... missed blocks... lazy efforts, etc. and realized that what we all saw live did not tell the whole story. That while Smith struggled mightily, there were a lot more failures from others that led to his failures.

( of course, that's speculative, but that's all we poor outsiders can go off of )

I think that most of the problems with the offense are of the nature of lack of playing time together. I am pretty confident that after an off season and preseason of working together the offense will be much better as a unit. Continuity is what this team has lacked for the past eight years and now is as good of a time to change that as any. Chemistry is a must between receivers and quarterbacks, and while it has shown up from time to time, the word of the day is consistency, the way to build consistency is through continuity. All you chicken littles blabbering on about changing things need to realize that is exactly why we are at the point we are after 6 straight losing seasons.
I understand why he apologized, but he was just trying to keep Smith's confidence up. The first int was on Vernon, the rest were bad decisions on Smith's behalf. The defense obviously confused him on the Samuels pick. Experience should help with those kind of mistakes, it wasn't the first time that Philly's defense has sneaked up on a QB, won't be the last either.

I actually think it was more than that, Memphis. I think Sing studied the film (like Jersey9er stated) and saw blown routes by the receivers... missed blocks... lazy efforts, etc. and realized that what we all saw live did not tell the whole story. That while Smith struggled mightily, there were a lot more failures from others that led to his failures.

( of course, that's speculative, but that's all we poor outsiders can go off of )

I think that most of the problems with the offense are of the nature of lack of playing time together. I am pretty confident that after an off season and preseason of working together the offense will be much better as a unit. Continuity is what this team has lacked for the past eight years and now is as good of a time to change that as any. Chemistry is a must between receivers and quarterbacks, and while it has shown up from time to time, the word of the day is consistency, the way to build consistency is through continuity. All you chicken littles blabbering on about changing things need to realize that is exactly why we are at the point we are after 6 straight losing seasons.

Oh no Memphis...youre wrong. Dont you know? We just need to go to the Free Agents Screen and find the guy with the highest QB RATEENG DOOD and SYNE HIM.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Oh no Memphis...youre wrong. Dont you know? We just need to go to the Free Agents Screen and find the guy with the highest QB RATEENG DOOD and SYNE HIM.

fOR ReaLZ Do0D!!!1!1!11!!11!!

We ShOuLd ToEtAlLy TrAdE fOr FaVrE

PayToN ManNiNg D00DZ!1!

PayToN ManNiNg D00DZ!1!

Ur Da MaNz Y DiDn'T i ThInK aBoUt ThAt

PayToN ManNiNg D00DZ!1!

MHATT FLINN HAZ A 72 DOOD!!! LETZ SENDZ SMYTH FOR FLYIN AND 4TH RHOUND PYCK!

ANNND PLEEEZ WEE NEEDZ MHOR SKILLZ DRILLZ
[ Edited by LambdaChi49 on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:10 PM ]

PayToN ManNiNg D00DZ!1!

TrAdE AlL dRaFt PiCkS fOr MoOrE fRoM CaRoLiNa. He BeAt MiNnAsOtA

PayToN ManNiNg D00DZ!1!

TrAdE AlL dRaFt PiCkS fOr MoOrE fRoM CaRoLiNa. He BeAt MiNnAsOtA

LOHLZ OR OR OR JUZT CHAYNGE HYZ POZISHUN TO WR SO HIZ RATEEING IS LOWE THEN ONLEE SENHND A SEVUNTH RD PYCK DOOD.

DUN WURRY DOOD...I DOOZ IT ALL THUH TYME.