Singletary apologizes to Alex Smith

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by crzy:
I can't wait until 2011 when we've finally realized what has been 100% apparent from Day 1.... that Alex Smith is not the answer

I just dont know why all the animosity for a guy that replaced who some of you wanted. I mean does it really sting that bad.

Some of you forget that football is the game on Any Given Sunday for a team to pull out a win. How else do you explain the Saints losing, that game where Quinn and Stafford had almost 3 to 5 tD's a piece, and some of the teams the damn Raiders beat.

I mean anything can happen on any week, and ya'll crazy asses talkin bout 2011. Why are you guys even fans?

This isn't about Hill vs. Smith. You should have higher expectations as a fan especially a fan of our team who has always been known for exceptional QB play. We are not a smashmouth team or a running team. I don't live for miracles to happen any given Sunday. I want to go into every game knowing we can win. But when your QB can't get simple things like mechanics down after 5 years of being in the NFL then you have a glaring problem on your hands.

what!??? ur not make sense...

Enlighten me Buzz. I need a good laugh

enlighten you? yep cuz ur not make sense.. i know how talent with eyes them on player cuz u didn't have it.. if u need to laugh then go ahead cuz ur dumb anyway..

meh
Whiner Talk
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Whiner Talk
Why even have separate threads. All turn into a Smith supporter v. Smith hater thread.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I can't wait until 2011 when we've finally realized what has been 100% apparent from Day 1.... that Alex Smith is not the answer

I just dont know why all the animosity for a guy that replaced who some of you wanted. I mean does it really sting that bad.

Some of you forget that football is the game on Any Given Sunday for a team to pull out a win. How else do you explain the Saints losing, that game where Quinn and Stafford had almost 3 to 5 tD's a piece, and some of the teams the damn Raiders beat.

I mean anything can happen on any week, and ya'll crazy asses talkin bout 2011. Why are you guys even fans?

This isn't about Hill vs. Smith. You should have higher expectations as a fan especially a fan of our team who has always been known for exceptional QB play. We are not a smashmouth team or a running team. I don't live for miracles to happen any given Sunday. I want to go into every game knowing we can win. But when your QB can't get simple things like mechanics down after 5 years of being in the NFL then you have a glaring problem on your hands.

what!??? ur not make sense...

Enlighten me Buzz. I need a good laugh

enlighten you? yep cuz ur not make sense.. i know how talent with eyes them on player cuz u didn't have it.. if u need to laugh then go ahead cuz ur dumb anyway..

meh

meh at me? ok...

Alex is lucky he does not have more int's on his stats. There have been a lot throws where he misses the receiver and the defense is just a step away from a pick. Not just in the Philly game but since he has become the starter.

His accuracy is an issue no matter what you Smith apologists say.

did you agree with him? u know what?
Originally posted by ktate14:
"Rex Grossman is our quarterback"...oh sorry!...wrong thread.

no this is the right thread...oh wait....Rex Grossman actually took his team to the playoffs...
alex leaf is a needs to be a career backup. he is our best QB on the team, but that just shows how much we really need to get a elite QB.

anyone who thinks alex smith is the answer to our quarterback woes needs to have their head examined

im posting this before he shreds the sorry lions and rams and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon
[ Edited by Ninersdeep on Dec 22, 2009 at 12:27 PM ]
Alex will be fine, we will make the playoffs in 2010... I am really exited..

go niners
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
alex leaf is a needs to be a career backup. he is our best QB on the team, but that just shows how much we really need to get a elite QB.

anyone who thinks alex smith is the answer to our quarterback woes needs to have their head examined

im posting this before he shreds the sorry lions and rams and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon

You just don't get an elite QB. There are only 3 or 4 of them in the league at anyone time.

And it's not like a team drafts a QB and he's an elite QB. Brees was basically benched and many thought he would be out of the league after the Chargers drafted Eli Manning. Or look at Tom Brady. He sat for years before getting a chance to play. Peyton Manning threw over 20 INTs and wasn't elite until a few years into the league (all the while having the same offensive system etc.).

It takes time to learn the QB position even if you have all the advantages (same offensive system, same personal, same coaches). Smith has never had that. The 9ers basically took the "how to screw up a young QB and make sure he doesn't have the system to do well" approach. Not the smartest organization around and no wonder we have been losing for over 7 years.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

So you are rooting for the Niners to flop in 2010?

Go be a fan of the Raiders, the Niners don't need your type.
Exaclty, get out of here. I'll root for the niners regardless of who the QB is. Obviously Sing knows things crzy doesn't. Who's word would you take?
1. Yorks better open their wallet and bring in the #1 (a) FA G, and (b) FA KR/PR.

2. McC better draft the best rookie ROT, and not blow it this time, as well as a speed RB, and speed WR.

3. Raye needs to outcoach the opponent, rather than the other way around.

4. If the OL coach is partly to blame, they better realize it and replace him with the best OL coach money can buy.

5. The entire offseason, they need to throw passes to Vernon close, hard and off target until he can catch 99 out of a 100 them in his sleep.

If these things are done, then offensive failure will be on Alex. Otherwise, games will be lost for reasons other than Alex.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

So you are rooting for the Niners to flop in 2010?

Go be a fan of the Raiders, the Niners don't need your type.

hey dont get down on him because he is being realistic
until we get rid of this cancer we got (Smith) dont count on having a great 2010 season
all Smith backers are too blind to see that Smith is STILL A BUST!!!!

NINERS IN 11'
I understand why he apologized, but he was just trying to keep Smith's confidence up. The first int was on Vernon, the rest were bad decisions on Smith's behalf. The defense obviously confused him on the Samuels pick. Experience should help with those kind of mistakes, it wasn't the first time that Philly's defense has sneaked up on a QB, won't be the last either.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I understand why he apologized, but he was just trying to keep Smith's confidence up. The first int was on Vernon, the rest were bad decisions on Smith's behalf. The defense obviously confused him on the Samuels pick. Experience should help with those kind of mistakes, it wasn't the first time that Philly's defense has sneaked up on a QB, won't be the last either.

thank you, sometimes the defense wins, period....
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dr8van:
Originally posted by ktate14:
"Rex Grossman is our quarterback"...oh sorry!...wrong thread.

no this is the right thread...oh wait....Rex Grossman actually took his team to the playoffs...

Is he available in 2011?? since we're stuck with our bust in 2010.... 7-9 for sure/2010