Now I am getting pissed! This coaching staff is ruining this team. Bold statement #1. In every game our 49ers have played this year, they have been the most athleticly gifted and most physical team. Can any LB run with VD? Can any safety take down Gore in the open field? We have the most gifted defensive front seven in the league. Our O-line is made up of first or second round picks and they are strong talented, formerly succesful men. Yet every damn game we are completely out coached. When we go up against great head coaches like Andy Reid, it becomes galringly obvious.
Is Philly a talented team, no doubt. But their coaches put them in a great position to succeed schematicly. They dictate what the other team is going to do. When your team is well coached, mediocre players can succeed. (see Matt Cassell in NE and now in KC)
There was a play around 4:00 to go in the 1st quarter. A 3rd down play for the 49ers around mid field. Genius Jimmy Raye stacks 3 WRs to the left side with the entire play based around Alex's ability to stay in the pocket or throw left. Now here is where having coaching matters. Philly saw this and then brought the safety down to the line to apply hard pressure off the left side. Where Alex wanted to throw. Now understand the play it self was a failed design, where by outside of the left, Alex had no other options to throw to....no back sneaking out the right, no FB, TE...nothing.
So Philly reconginzes that and stacks pressure on the side Alex wants to throw. With the un-blocked blitzer screaming at him, Alex is forced to now roll right, where he has lots of time and no pressure....but unfortunately also no one to throw the ball too. Alex throws it away and once again the Niners fail on third down. This was not our line's fault, it wasnt Alex's fault and the receievers were doing their job. Bottom line, is this play represents the fact that our coaches (mainly OC) is being out-mathced, out-schemed, all game long.
- we continue to run in bunched formations, and it is always a run. (I havent seen a flea flicker, screen or hell even play action ever run out of that formation). Every defense knows now when Norris enters the game...it is a run.
- Offense continues to let the defense dictate the play (no audibles, or read and react is going on). When was the last time you saw the play come in quick enough for Alex to get to the line and even have time to call an audible???
- Have they ever sent Brandon Jones on a vertical route???
- When a team is obviously bring heavy pressure, have you ever seen the 49ers run a play to take advatange of that?? Have you ever heard the annoucers say, the 49ers did a good job of taking advantage of that blitz?? No. While other teams actually hope and wait for the 49ers to blitz in order to take adavantage of it with screens, quick slants and deep bombs.
- End of game decisions, when to call time outs, what plays to run, how to run time of the clock, how to go for the juglar.
The 49ers have won 6 games because they were that much more gifted than the opponent and or had more heart (see Arizona twice). But every loss has come down to stupind decisions, and or being one step behind the other team. We are not getting pushed around, or out run. That was the team from '05. No this team loses do to (Xs and Os). What a shame