There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

McNabb is a Nate Davis fan...

Originally posted by doodle:
How did this turn into a McNabb hate thread? There's nothing but positive stuff in this article.

This is GREAT news for the future, I always thought Nate reminded me of McNabb with his play, and working out with him is going to bode really well for his development and the future of the team. I'm not saying Alex is going to stink up the joint, I want him to succeed, but well, I can remember a time when we had two great QBs on the 49ers... I'm sure there's room for two if they both develop well.

...plus I'm a big McNabb fan . Now to find and post a picture of him pissing in valrod's cheerios. How's that for chunky soup!? Ok.... that was just wrong... lol.

Great Post. I feel you brotha.....this is all positive. I want to see Smith start next year and succeed hopefully....but if Davis can develop and earn the #2 spot then that really bodes well and protects us next year if Smith Fails. ND is the Truth!!
The WZ is making me dislike Nate Davis before he has even played one snap under center. I need to quit reading these asinine posts about him. Who are these people who want to see him play against first string NFL defenses when he hasn't taken snaps with the offense in practice??? Have these people no football knowledge? It is painfully obvious that they do not. "Lets see what we HAVE" or "Smith is garbage, lets throw in our inexperienced 5th round draft pick with no experience running the offense and ride him to the playoffs". Give me a break. These must be Raider fans...
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
The WZ is making me dislike Nate Davis before he has even played one snap under center. I need to quit reading these asinine posts about him. Who are these people who want to see him play against first string NFL defenses when he hasn't taken snaps with the offense in practice??? Have these people no football knowledge? It is painfully obvious that they do not. "Lets see what we HAVE" or "Smith is garbage, lets throw in our inexperienced 5th round draft pick with no experience running the offense and ride him to the playoffs". Give me a break. These must be Raider fans...

Ya, I laugh so hard at the "Less start Nate " post . Less have a football IQ test , only if you pass then you could post !
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Pretty neat McNabb is willing to invite Nate Davis to his house.

He's only invited before the game against SF.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
I hope he trains with mcnabb in the offseason, it would be better than sticking around with our current qbs and trying to learn something.

btw.. why doesnt anyone like alex smith, or any other low end avg QB, ever ask peyton manning to train with them in the offseason?

pride?
McNabb didn't say anything about Alex or the Niner QB situation. He took an interest in the kid during his senior season. I like the idea that he wanted to work with Davis in the off-season. I'm all for it! Who cares what his reasons are?

I believe that Smith has come a long ways (down a very hard road) and think he is going to be a good QB for the Niners. It would be great for this team if Davis turns out to be quality QB as well. So I hope McNabb is right. Best case scenerio for the Niners is that both of these guys pan out. If I had to choose my QB controversy I would take Montana-Young (just making an example - not saying that is the caliber of player they will turn out to be) over Rattay versus Dorsey versus Pickett. Wouldn't it be great if the QB position was a strength again?
Originally posted by BHulman:
McNabb didn't say anything about Alex or the Niner QB situation. He took an interest in the kid during his senior season. I like the idea that he wanted to work with Davis in the off-season. I'm all for it! Who cares what his reasons are?
True that.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by BHulman:
True that.
Anytime a youngster like Davis can learn from a wily vet like McNabb, it's a good thing. Donovan can teach him how to prepare his body for the season and what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. I can only see positives here...
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its becuase there both black.

Joke

Not even funny , and I am not black !

I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its becuase there both black.

Joke

Not even funny , and I am not black !

I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by zozell:
Good Read
McNabb predicts bright future for 49ers Rookie QB

i think he's the future too! if alex smith is as good as he should be then we woulda capitalized off at least 4 of the 7 turnovers!

24 points came from the Cardinal's turnover and Smith was the QB the entire game.

Key Stat: The 49ers forced seven turnovers and scored 24 points off of the Cardinals' miscues.
Originally posted by valrod33:
So he thinks Alex Smith cant play and is a bum, well f**k Donovan Mcnabb and his chunky soup

McNabb didn't even mention Alex Smith. The article had Alex Smith responding/clarifying to Jon Gruden's comments regarding what Alex Smith had reportedly told him, specifically that he was struggling with the deep ball. Nobody in that article said Smith was a bum and can't play.

Originally posted by DeryDonahue:
The WZ is making me dislike Nate Davis before he has even played one snap under center. I need to quit reading these asinine posts about him. Who are these people who want to see him play against first string NFL defenses when he hasn't taken snaps with the offense in practice??? Have these people no football knowledge? It is painfully obvious that they do not. "Let's see what we HAVE" or "Smith is garbage, lets throw in our inexperienced 5th round draft pick with no experience running the offense and ride him to the playoffs." Give me a break. These must be Raider fans...

OK, if ever there was a misplaced rant, this is it. Yes there are numerous threads about Nate Davis and people here who have voiced their opinions about starting him sooner rather than later. But I do not see anything in this OP coming anywhere near that. This thread is, or at least was, about another NFL QB that followed Davis' last college year, who thinks he has a bright future in the league, and who stated he would like to train with Davis.

I've looked at the original post about a dozen times, and read the article over and over again looking for it. Even shined the black light looking for it in invisible ink and used my Ovaltine decoder ring to see if there were any hidden messages in there. Nope, not one reference about Smith being garbage, not one demand to bench Smith now to have him replaced by Davis. Not one hint of a comment about Nate Davis leading us to the playoffs this year. Give me a break. This is a perfectly legit reference to an article about the potential future of a quarterback that is on our roster. That kind of stuff almost makes me want to become a Raider fan. They may behave in a more civilized manner.
I hope he works out with McNabb in the offseason, it could be reeally good for him. He could be a good influence for Nate. I am not clamoring for Nate to play at all, but we are definitely developing him properly should Alex falter next season (because he is probably already the starter)...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home