Vernon Davis and the TE touchdown record thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by 5rings:
Originally posted by Niners99:
guess what the TD record is?

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

VD has the record already! its just shared, but who cares, he tied Antonio Gates' record. something you can only do if youre a physical freak with immense talent like Gates is.

but he had more than one chance to have it all to himself and sing did not care

you're right, the man that almost single-handedly turned VD's career around, does not care about him...I swear, only in Niner Talk (btw, I really hope that was sarcasm).

hmmm...let's see, do you think singletary cares more about INDIVIDUAL accomplishments/records or TEAM accomplishments/records?

it takes more than one player to score TDs : the QB to pass the ball, the OL to block, the other receivers and backs to run their routes and block, and the receiver thrown to to catch the ball.

IMO, singletary couldn't care care less how many TDs a SINGLE player catches in a season, he cares more for team effort and cohesiveness and selflessness to achieve victory.

NOW COULD EVERYONE STOP WHINING ABOUT THIS ALREADY?! ITS DONE. FINISHED. IN THE RECORD BOOKS. THE END. PERIOD.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

VD has the record already! its just shared, but who cares, he tied Antonio Gates' record. something you can only do if youre a physical freak with immense talent like Gates is.

you're right, the man that almost single-handedly turned VD's career around, does not care about him...I swear, only in Niner Talk (btw, I really hope that was sarcasm).

hmmm...let's see, do you think singletary cares more about INDIVIDUAL accomplishments/records or TEAM accomplishments/records?

it takes more than one player to score TDs : the QB to pass the ball, the OL to block, the other receivers and backs to run their routes and block, and the receiver thrown to to catch the ball.

IMO, singletary couldn't care care less how many TDs a SINGLE player catches in a season, he cares more for team effort and cohesiveness and selflessness to achieve victory.

NOW COULD EVERYONE STOP WHINING ABOUT THIS ALREADY?! ITS DONE. FINISHED. IN THE RECORD BOOKS. THE END. PERIOD.

who pissed in your cherrios

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

never heard that saying before

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

All these whiny posters who can't get over that VD should've gotten a couple more shots @ TDs to get the record. Yeah, I was pissed as well he couldn't get the SOLE record of 14+ TDs, but in the end to me the TEAM WINNING overshadowed that disappointment,. I'm not gonna dwell on what ONE PLAYER woulda, coulda, shoulda done since football is supposed to be a team sport and especially since VD (frankly) had several opportunities throughout the season to get a couple more TDs/yards that he let slip through his hand via drops (as well as some that weren't his fault due to poor passes). I'll just end my opinion on the matter by being the optimist: that by NOT getting the sole record for TDs by a TE, this will temper any potential growth in ego for VD, as well as motivate him to further his progress and perhaps get the sole record eventually.
Originally posted by 49ers1:

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

what? VD had a great season and deserved the record at 14. we had ample opportunity. we were destroying the lambs at the end, and kept getting the ball over and over. we kept stopping their offense over and over (thanks to justin smith). why not go for the record??

not only that, but VD was less than 50 yards away from 1000 yards. our first 1000 yard pass catcher. we would have made a nice statement.

By giving F. Gore the ball on those two goal line series, Gore was able to get a record himself. Twenty 100 yd games as a niner .......... who did he tie?
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Originally posted by 49ers1:

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

what? VD had a great season and deserved the record at 14. we had ample opportunity. we were destroying the lambs at the end, and kept getting the ball over and over. we kept stopping their offense over and over (thanks to justin smith). why not go for the record??

not only that, but VD was less than 50 yards away from 1000 yards. our first 1000 yard pass catcher. we would have made a nice statement.

By giving F. Gore the ball on those two goal line series, Gore was able to get a record himself. Twenty 100 yd games as a niner .......... who did he tie?

Joe Perry.

and VD dropped a TD or 2 this season, i know that for a fact. and other drops might have led to him not getting a chance to catch more. its his own fault, he dropped TD number 14 in the endzone up in seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone