LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Vernon Davis and the TE touchdown record thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Umm what a bunch of panty waste crying about VD not getting the record. Sure it would be nice, but to assume that he was purposely stopped is VERY ignorant.

Do you ninnies actually think the coaches were on the sideline looking the other way conspiring when VD walked by? Do you not think they (Alex,Coaches) asked him about it.

Yea haha there denied hm the record. Bulls**t! Grow up kiddo's.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jan 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
A record is only a record if you do it first.

how so? when they did it doesnt matter, its IF they did it.

when you look at the record books, Vernon Davis and Antonio Gates will both have their name as the most TE td's in a season. it wont mention dates.
don't worry guys, VD will break it next season
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Umm what a bunch of panty waste crying about VD not getting the record. Sure it would be nice, but to assume that he was purposely stopped is VERY ignorant.

Do you ninnies actually think the coaches were on the sideline looking the other way conspiring when VD walked by? Do you not think they (Alex,Coaches) asked him about it.

YES I DO. SING and Raye are wierdo control freaks.
Mike Singletary doesn't care about black people.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

YES I DO. SING and Raye are wierdo control freaks.

Meh, I would have liked to see him break the record. But I'm not going to care either way.

-9fA
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Actually he could, cause Alex pretty much helped VD tie the record in 10 games, patch on about 6 more games and VD could break Moss's single-season TD record.

-I mean sure, our receiving core is (hopefully) going to be more fluid/talented next season, but VD is now in 'pro-bowl' shoes, which means he's gonna be a threat for years to come (that is if he signs an extension).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Actually he could, cause Alex pretty much helped VD tie the record in 10 games, patch on about 6 more games and VD could break Moss's single-season TD record.

-I mean sure, our receiving core is (hopefully) going to be more fluid/talented next season, but VD is now in 'pro-bowl' shoes, which means he's gonna be a threat for years to come (that is if he signs an extension).

I believe that Duke will sign an extension. He knows that he's with a unit that can only get better. It was be stupid to flee to a team that needs him but is poised to go the other direction. You only need to see players like Stephen Jackson and say to yourself "There but for the grace of God go I". He also credits this season on Sing's kicking him off the field. He goes someplace else I don't see anyone having the stones to do that.

~Ceadder
holly crap. just listening to this press conference with VD speaking. lawdy lord. dude sounds like a human. good to see how he has grown.

Now I don't feel like a goon when I wear his jersey anymore.
Good for Vernon. I'm happy that he had such a great year, made the probowl, and tied the TD record. I was especially excited to see the deep TD, as it seemed, for whatever reason, that we'd gotten away from that route that past several weeks.

The change in play and character has been amazing. He's starting to work the middle underneath and the skinny post is basically unstoppable--I understand it was vs. Detroit, but being at that game Davis is open almost every time on that route. Plus, he still has his speed.

Hopefully he signs an extension this offseason, with the passing game finally looks solid and his close relationship with Sing.

Imagine what he'll be like once he improves his hands.
VERNON DAVIS KISSES Y'ALLS SISTERS!!!!!!!

I'm very happy that VD tied the TE record (and that we won most importantly), but why didn't Sing at least take 1 shot at giving him the record on our last TD. A playaction pass, with a roll out to the right? We already had the win. Because Sing is a defensive minded person, did he not really give a flying flip about the record. I live in MN and won't see/hear the press conference, so if Sing says why he didn't at least try, please let me know. Just curious.

Niners 2010 baby!!
conspiracy theory of the day---if davis breaks record, does it make it harder for niners to resign him? or make his ego spin out of control....maybe niners didnt want him to break the record...

i dont believe this but it is worthy of discussion, i think
Share 49ersWebzone