LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Main reason for our loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Main reason for our loss?

What do you think?
You left out too many variables. I'd say any of the three dropped touchdowns...no wait...that dumbass end around return.
special teams in general
It has to be the fumble by Gore. That was at least a 6-10 point swing. Granted Davis drop did not help any but the fumble is what really cost us big time as not only did we not score but we put them in a position to score. The turnover was bad enough but the fact that they returned it into field goal range hurt even more.

You can’t turn the ball over and expect to win.
All of the above.

Too many little and big mistakes.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gore's fumble was huge. We could have potentially scored a TD or at least a FG. That play took away points and gave them great field position.

Gore has done that in the past also. Remember that first game against the Cards, he also fumbled on the go ahead drive. Only thing is we got lucky and recovered the ball. Gore has been fumbler his entire career.
all of the above and more
1. The end around return was the mistake of the game. Especially in terms of momentum, at that point the opponent had yet to drive the ball on us, so you had the idea that without a gimme they would have been overwhelmed soon. But we gave em the gimme.

2. at the end the playcalling should have been runs to play for OT, I don't really blame Alex

As for Gores fumble, I don't really consider punched out fumbles from behind as major blame fumbles, to me those fall in a different category.

[ Edited by danimal on Dec 7, 2009 at 15:39:38 ]
The Gore fumble was just devastating. That's my first choice. The officiating was the worst I have seen all year. I'm not saying that to hide Singletary's poor game management. He deserves a lot of the blame too.

[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Dec 7, 2009 at 15:40:42 ]
Now everyone seems to be hating on Gore and I'll admit I wish he could have contributed more to our running game like he did against the Sea chickens last time we played but the thing with his fumble,

- The guy came behind him and he couldn't really do anything about that so not too much blame on him but maybe he should have went down with two hands.

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
The Gore fumble was just devastating. That's my first choice. The officiating was the worst I have seen all year. I'm not saying that to hide Singletary's poor game management. He deserves a lot of the blame too.

Oh yeah dude and yeah those ref's, literally from our first drive, completely BS'ing the calls and missing out on ours especially our 4th down

We got played that game by the refs and when the refs don't play fair, normally you can't pull out the win
Originally posted by danimal:
1. The end around return was the mistake of the game. Especially in terms of momentum, at that point the opponent had yet to drive the ball on us, so you had the idea that without a gimme they would have been overwhelmed soon. But we gave em the gimme.

2. at the end the playcalling should have been runs to play for OT, I don't really blame Alex

As for Gores fumble, I don't really consider punched out fumbles from behind as major blame fumbles, to me those fall in a different category.

Agree. Seattle still had 2 timeouts and if we didn't convert we were kicking to them with favorable field position. 2 passes later is all it took.
all them including 9+ drop passes.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Oh yeah dude and yeah those ref's, literally from our first drive, completely BS'ing the calls and missing out on ours especially our 4th down

We got played that game by the refs and when the refs don't play fair, normally you can't pull out the win

Going 1-17 on third down is also not going to cut it on the road.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You left out too many variables. I'd say any of the three dropped touchdowns...no wait...that dumbass end around return.

Gotta be the end around return.
Share 49ersWebzone