LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 261 users in the forums

LEADERSHIP ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Which player on our team will demand perfection and minimize their own mistakes?
Who can elevate the play of the players around him?

Every great team has one of these guys. Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Michael Strahan, Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, who gets in the huddle and says "Focus and finish!" and the other players listen.

VD is not this guy, even tho his play has been great at times...when you drop passes, and are one of the most penalized players in the league, why listen to him?

Smith has shown lots of growth, but I can't see him becoming this guy.

Sing is not a player and as any losing coach, he becomes background noise.

Who can become this guy? Is he on the team? Which free-agent?
I think this is one of the reason we couldn't finished in a good way yesterday. We have playmakers but no vet leadership on offense. These are all young guys throwing and catching balls.

I think it's the reason they had stuck with Bruce for as long as they did. When it comes down to the wire. That vet may come up with a play that get you over the top, even though he may have sucked all game Not saying we should get Bruce back into the starting lineup, but I think we missed the veteran leadership.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 494949:
Which player on our team will demand perfection and minimize their own mistakes?

Every great team has one of these guys. Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Michael Strahan, Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, who gets in the huddle and says "Focus and finish!" and the other players listen.

VD is not this guy, even tho his play has been great at times...when you drop passes, and are one of the most penalized players in the league, why listen to him?

Ding! Ding! Ding! Why smith isn't the answer...
The team is fine. Leaders are created through defeats like this. Seriously, what kind of offense have we had the last 5 years that would even create a leader aside from Gore? None. And who said this is the reason Alex is not the answer?

NUTS!
Hopefully Smith is that guy.
Originally posted by jcs:

Okay, I had to go back and check some of your posts because I don't like to jump to conclusions about people but --

-- 8,153 posts and you still don't get it. Clearly there is no fool like an old fool.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kstolai:
Hopefully Smith is that guy.

In time...he will be. Having said that...I wish he was a lil' more vocal. In many interviews he states he wants his play to do his talking & lead by example....well with his play the last few games it ain't a bad idea. But he's gotta take step.
Think how beastly Vernon will be next year in his contract year, hopefully it doesn't come to that.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by jcs:

Okay, I had to go back and check some of your posts because I don't like to jump to conclusions about people but --

-- 8,153 posts and you still don't get it. Clearly there is no fool like an old fool.

Ok Noob...

Share 49ersWebzone