There are 250 users in the forums

Rational discussion of the loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by miked1978:
My 2 cents of why we lost:

1. Delanie Walker was mugged in the endzone. Should have been 14-0. Refs blew that one.

2. The reversal on the punt return. Bad execution on Jones and Battle fault.

3. Fumble by Gore.

4. 3rd down and 2 and we throw a bomb??? Bad judgement on Alex snd the coachine staff.

I'm not sure why the usual haters are blaming Singletary. Sure his team wasnt prepared in the 1st quarter but those timeouts didn't effect the game whatsoever.

I don't think that there was any short option there. The playcall certainly was designed for a 3 yard gain.

-9fA
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Rationally our coaches suck nuff said.

Rationally we're young in all fazes of the game, including coaching. Chin up guys. The future looks bright and all these mistakes are correctable.

dude i've been hearing how young this team is since Erickson's time. enough is enough. what would be your excuse next year? youth?

Excuse? No, no excuses. We lost. We're young in terms of our nucleus and they really are only getting better game in and game out. It's a rep thing, with our players and our offense. Our defense is weak in the secondary but our pass rush is really starting to come on. Brooks is going to be a good one.

Next year at this time we'll be 11-1 or 10-2 and this will all be forgotten. My main point is the great thing about this game is it establishes our most important CORE player, which is Alex Smith. Now we have that out of the way and that has been the question that has plagued this franchise since Garcia left. Now we can win probably 3 or 4 of our last 4 games and finish strong and finally address a few key weaknesses, the biggest being special teams. We are getting killed in field position every single game.

Oh, by the way, the fact that they had single coverage over the top with Smith with 21 seconds left(and he was playing bump, no less) really baffled me.
Share 49ersWebzone