LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

This loss was everyones fault but Alex's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just when I am starting to warm up to Alex his fanboys MAKE ME f**kING PUKE!!!!
It is a team sport rout for the team!
  • ZRF80
Cant pin this one on Alex.

But, playing devil's advocate here (and I know the masses will come at me with pitchforks)......he shouldnt have aired it out into double coverage on that last play. As a QB, you're supposed to be aware of the situation. He needed 3 yards; what exactly he saw with Morgan being triple covered I dont know.

In either case, a run play should have been called on the play before, so that no time was left on the clock for Seattle to execute. Once again, piss poor playcalling by our coaches.
You don't think our inability to convert 3rd downs was partially Alex's fault?
Whats a troll
Originally posted by danimal:
Alex's last throw of the game could have easily have been a setup for the Seahawks to win after what should have been a pick.

Lets not just pretend that didn't happen

No one said alex was perfect today, but let's be real here: Alex did more than any other 49er to help us win this game today.
Alex's last throw of the game could have easily have been a setup for the Seahawks to win after what should have been a pick.

If Morgan looks over his right shoulder instead of his left he could have easily seen the ball and made a huge gain on that play too.

Lets not just pretend that didn't happen.
The loss was directly related to the inability to pick up 3rd downs. I believe it was 1 of 13, Wow...
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

No I don't, I think that was playcalling and O-line. Alex isn't going to throw it up if there's nothing there just because he's being blitzed. that's what jay cutler does.

what? u cant possibly find a way to blame alex this game i dont even thing ZRF80 can find a way to blame alex this game
  • Sulla
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:

That was on Morgan, he gave up on the route.

Morgan should have fought for that one.

Alex played a good, but that last drive, he missed some throws.
Originally posted by niners94:

That was on Morgan, he gave up on the route.

thats a convenient explanation. You Alex supporters never run out do you.

Looks like Alex is going to miss the playoffs. Wow, this dude has not played in one playoff game.

Damn receivers who give up on routes

True that, but i remember they said on nfl network, and early interception is better than a late. One. That one in my opinion was a could of should of would of.

Which is why no one besides someone that doesnt like smith can even worry about the almost int. 10drops, and Frank fumbling when smith drove us down the field. Thats more than the "SHOULD' of been interception.
Alex played well. Gore didn't. The dropped passes and playcalling are not playoff calibre.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

9 dropped passes probably had more to do with it dont you think?
Share 49ersWebzone