What they said
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
For once, this is actually the case.

this loss is on gore.

and VD is the supporting actor
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Cant pin this one on Alex.

But, playing devil's advocate here (and I know the masses will come at me with pitchforks)......he shouldnt have aired it out into double coverage on that last play. As a QB, you're supposed to be aware of the situation. He needed 3 yards; what exactly he saw with Morgan being triple covered I dont know.

In either case, a run play should have been called on the play before, so that no time was left on the clock for Seattle to execute. Once again, piss poor playcalling by our coaches.

Yup, terrible decision by Alex to air it out, but Raye had ALLL the receivers going down the field, when we needed 3 yards. I put that on Raye, Smith was just trying to make a play. You gotta call plays that can put your QB in a position to win the game, not give it to the other team with 2 timeouts, great field position, and momentum.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
For once, this is actually the case.

this loss is on gore.

Gore's fumble, Jone's fumble (give us back the 15 mil and be gone), Keith Smith, Mark Roman, Davis' drops and the f**king zebras.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Whats a troll

somebody who disagrees with the popular opinion
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

But, playing devil's advocate here (and I know the masses will come at me with pitchforks)......he shouldnt have aired it out into double coverage on that last play. As a QB, you're supposed to be aware of the situation. He needed 3 yards; what exactly he saw with Morgan being triple covered I dont know.

In either case, a run play should have been called on the play before, so that no time was left on the clock for Seattle to execute. Once again, piss poor playcalling by our coaches.

Yup, terrible decision by Alex to air it out, but Raye had ALLL the receivers going down the field, when we needed 3 yards. I put that on Raye, Smith was just trying to make a play. You gotta call plays that can put your QB in a position to win the game, not give it to the other team with 2 timeouts, great field position, and momentum.

Alex proved that he is a missing piece of our puzzle. Again mistakes cost us big....
Originally posted by danimal:
Whats a troll

Oh you're such a troll Danimal.

Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Yeah, and we all know it could of been int'd. But it wasnt. What was sad was almost 3 TD drops, and Gore fumble when it mattered most.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Just when I am starting to warm up to Alex his fanboys MAKE ME f**kING PUKE!!!!
It is a team sport rout for the team!

Alex can stay BAN his fans!

Agreed. The playcall to me was horrific. I dunno wtf Raye called on that play. The 1st down was 10000x more important than getting a FG.

There are very few plays that I can pin the loss on Alex.

-9fA

Alex's last throw of the game could have easily have been a setup for the Seahawks to win after what should have been a pick.

Lets not just pretend that didn't happen

I love Smith haters. It's the "what ifs" now that you blame him for. What if Alex Smith killed Obama? That would have been bad.

Ugh. You people are just nuts.
  • dj43
Alex's last throw of the game could have easily have been a setup for the Seahawks to win after what should have been a pick.

Lets not just pretend that didn't happen

It is hard to tell for sure but it didn't look like Morgan was committed to the route.

Still, that play should never have mattered had Davis not dropped the TD pass that hit him right on the helmet just before that...or Crabree doing his duck-and-dodge move on a PERFECTLY thrown pass immediately following Davis' drop.

And this is after Gore fumbles on a drive that Alex started on his own two yard line. He drove the team 75 and Gore fumbles.

Smith put his team in position to win TWICE in the 4th quarter and his teammates let him down.

What do you want?
Whats a troll

Oh you're such a troll Danimal.

lol.

Its a pointless thread anyway. That is our 7th loss. Why debate whose fault this particular one was?

Vernon this year, and Gore for several years have been the bright spot of this team. And because of this single loss zoners are turning on them in favor of Smith.

Thats bull
Agreed Alex can stay ban his HATERS!!
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
You don't think our inability to convert 3rd downs was partially Alex's fault?

9 dropped passes probably had more to do with it dont you think?
Fair enough.
Share 49ersWebzone