Originally posted by 49erScott:
Bad thing on a couple of levels.
1. More pressure on the Niners on the road.
2. Philly phan getting 7 extra hours to drink, thus get loud.
3. If it's cold, it's going to be much colder when it's dark.
I hope the Niners keep winning, but I'm not too excited about the flex option.
1.Pressure is overrated if you're looking to take it to the Playoff level.
2. Philly fans having 7 extra hours to drink makes em louder but they shouldn't last 2 hours plus. Could be an early exit for alot of them if we can put some points on the board in the 1st half while keeping them off the board through the middle to late 3rd quarter.
3. The cold. If it's cold players won't want to be standing around. They will either be moving around on the sideline or on the field. And it's not like the majority of these guys haven't played on really cold days. Look at the Windy ace Chicago games the last couple years. Wasn't zacly warm then.
I never did Philly cold but if I can handle pulling into the Chesapeake inlet and showing respect to passing ships in my dress blues with only my Pea coat to keep me warm on a 20 degree day with the wind chill tacked on these guys can handle playing in Philly after dusk. It's FOOTBALL not Baseball.