Originally posted by 49erScott: Bad thing on a couple of levels.
1. More pressure on the Niners on the road.
2. Philly phan getting 7 extra hours to drink, thus get loud.
3. If it's cold, it's going to be much colder when it's dark.
I hope the Niners keep winning, but I'm not too excited about the flex option.
1.Pressure is overrated if you're looking to take it to the Playoff level.
2. Philly fans having 7 extra hours to drink makes em louder but they shouldn't last 2 hours plus. Could be an early exit for alot of them if we can put some points on the board in the 1st half while keeping them off the board through the middle to late 3rd quarter.
3. The cold. If it's cold players won't want to be standing around. They will either be moving around on the sideline or on the field. And it's not like the majority of these guys haven't played on really cold days. Look at the Windy ace Chicago games the last couple years. Wasn't zacly warm then.
I never did Philly cold but if I can handle pulling into the Chesapeake inlet and showing respect to passing ships in my dress blues with only my Pea coat to keep me warm on a 20 degree day with the wind chill tacked on these guys can handle playing in Philly after dusk. It's FOOTBALL not Baseball.
Originally posted by matt49er: man i would really love for this to happen! i am actually going to that game i live about an hour from philly and this will be my first 9ers game ever! i'll probably get stabbed in the paking lot for wearing my 9ers gear but i'm doing it anyway!
man same hear i'm contemplating wearing my patrick willis jersey to that game. I freakin cant wait! I might just flash my jersey like superman whenever the niners do something good
Good luck wearing that jersey. Philly fans are just plain awful.
First i think if tennessee wins sunday vs colts they get the SNF game
Second it would svks if the niners play it cos that would be a 2.20 am game for me
No thx i like my 7 pm schedule already
Go Niners !
I've been saying from the start of the season that if we were going to get a Sunday Night flex-game this would be it, and it would a dramatic statement game for our franchise. (An epic Philly showdown with snow flurries, and blazing winds.)
It could mean division dominance, or a wildcard spot for both teams up until that point... but within ideal terms, one team goes to the playoffs and the other goes home. (Kind of like the Vikings/Skins game in 2007 in which we got snubbed out of the week we were supposed to face Tamp Bay on SNF.)
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 6, 2009 at 02:09:36 ]
If they do this after we win against Sea and AZ, it bodes well for team's ability to catch their breath in the east zone. Instead of playing the regularly schedule game at 10 am PST, they would play at 5pm PST. Way better!!!
Also, we would be a hot item by them winning three straight and leading the West with three games left. Wow!!! A MNF and SNF back to back would be cool. Leaving us with two games with the Lions and Rams to end it.
This fan site is dedicated to the 49ers and their fans. It is in no way affiliated with the NFL or any of its teams. All teams and players mentioned on this site are registered trademarks of the NFL. The use of any team names, words, trademarks, logos or photos have been used for descriptive purposes only. The content and information from other sites is the property of their respective owners. Player and team photos used with permission from USA TODAY Sports Images.