LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 313 users in the forums

Is Frank Gore still our best offensive weapon

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Frank Gore still our best offensive weapon

People are talking trade Frank Gore, a few seasons ago it was clear he was the best player on the team. With the development of Willis, he was no longer the best on the team. With the draft of Crabtree, and the emergence of Smith and Davis, is he still our best offensive weapon, at 28 years old is even in our future?

This just in Frank Gore only 26!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Dec 3, 2009 at 11:28 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree are our best offensive weapons.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Gore is only 26.
The best weapon is the guy teams key on and game plan around. Thats still Frank Gore!
Originally posted by mayo63:
Gore is only 26.

Originally posted by mayo63:
Gore is only 26.

Sorry you are right, I read in another thread he was 28, I should know better than to trust a 'Zoner trying to make a point!

Height: 5-9 Weight: 217 Age: 26
Born: 5/14/1983 Miami , FL
College: Miami (Fla.)
Experience: 5th season
High School: Coral Gables HS [FL]
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Dec 3, 2009 at 11:19 AM ]

Originally posted by valrod33:

Why so angry little fella, somthin' got ya down?

It is a valid question, are you angry that I didn't put Bruce on the list of offensive weapons?

So sorry to ask you to think.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

It is a valid question, are you angry that I didn't put Bruce on the list of offensive weapons?

if this was a valid question, you would not have put glen coffee as an option

if this was a valid question, you would not have put glen coffee as an option

I was also thinking D Walker, he is pretty good. I was just trying to get a feel of who people felt was the future of this offense, that all. Coffee is a young mid round draft pick the staff is high on, so I included him, I guess I should limit people choices?

He is today and for the rest of the season. He is the first player, opposing defenses plan for. I rate VD second and Crabs third. Maybe by the end of the season as Alex gets more confident and the whole offense improves one of the receivers will be claim that title.

We still need a better Oline. Then our overall attack will be harder to defense. We'll have a first rate running back who could take it to the endzone on one run and receivers who'll be able to do the same.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He is today and for the rest of the season. He is the first player, opposing defenses plan for. I rate VD second and Crabs third. Maybe by the end of the season as Alex gets more confident and the whole offense improves one of the receivers will be claim that title.

We still need a better Oline. Then our overall attack will be harder to defense. We'll have a first rate running back who could take it to the endzone on one run and receivers who'll be able to do the same.

I agree, heck I voted Gore in this poll, I just want a read on the zoners thinking.
It is possible to trade your best player and come out okay, as Jimmy Johnson about Herschel Walker!
~ Gore - he's still a big part of our offense.
~ Vernon Davis - a huge part of our offense.
~ Alex in the spread - a big part of our offense.
~ Crabtree - becomming a bigger part of our offense.
Alright who voted B Miller! LOL
Alright who voted B Miller! LOL

guilty
Share 49ersWebzone