There are 275 users in the forums

"POLL" Should the 49ers trade Frank Gore?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

"POLL" Should the 49ers trade Frank Gore?

y must people post nonsense like this
It's not as far-fetched as it might sound...but, they've got to improve the quality of the depth behind him first. I'm sure Young's reasoning includes the wear & tear Gore's already absorbed, and the fact that if we're going to run the spread, a more nimble RB plus a power RB for short ydg situations would suit that offense better. Don't be so quick to dismiss thoughts of a HOF QB...
  • ZRF80
Dont you people get it ? This is Young's way of indirectly calling Smith out. I dont think he means that we should trade Gore in a literal sense. He's basically alluding to the fact that Gore cannot be as effective is the spread as he would be in the proset. And to think that we could tailor the entire offense around Alex Smith (eg spread) for the next 10 years is not reasonable in the long run. He's already alluded to that in his last article.

But of course, Steve Young is a troll, doesnt know football, and obviously has limited knowledge of the game as compared to any of us. So why even take him seriously.
[ Edited by ZRF80 on Dec 3, 2009 at 7:15 AM ]
Let's trade him for Al Davis then all our problems will be solved.
Gore is one the greatest running backs in 49ers team history! the work hes done for us should allow him to retire as a 49er, sure, maybe with less of a role but i think we NEED to keep this guy around!
Originally posted by prime21:
Gore is one the greatest running backs in 49ers team history! the work hes done for us should allow him to retire as a 49er, sure, maybe with less of a role but i think we NEED to keep this guy around!

Agreed but we all know the NFL is a "cutthroat" league. I mean look where our past greats have ended up Anyway I dont agree at all with Steve but opinions are like @$$holes,everyone's got one.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Dont you people get it ? This is Young's way of indirectly calling Smith out. I dont think he means that we should trade Gore in a literal sense. He's basically alluding to the fact that Gore cannot be as effective is the spread as he would be in the proset. And to think that we could tailor the entire offense around Alex Smith (eg spread) for the next 10 years is not reasonable in the long run. He's already alluded to that in his last article.

But of course, Steve Young is a troll, doesnt know football, and obviously has limited knowledge of the game as compared to any of us. So why even take him seriously.

Depends on the compensation.

The better post would a poll which has the question, "At what compensation are you willing to trade Frank Gore?"
  • 49erPride
  • Info N/A
This is the silliest idea I've heard of in quite some time. Frank Gore can catch the football and is a consummate pro. Who else do we want in the backfield? He is a dual run/receiving threat, and the next few games will bear that out. As the players execute this offense more and more they will find their niche, and when that happens, look out. That's when we can become an explosive offense. Now if we can just get that defense where it belongs...
Originally posted by 49erPride:
This is the silliest idea I've heard of in quite some time. Frank Gore can catch the football and is a consummate pro. Who else do we want in the backfield? He is a dual run/receiving threat, and the next few games will bear that out. As the players execute this offense more and more they will find their niche, and when that happens, look out. That's when we can become an explosive offense. Now if we can just get that defense where it belongs...

I believe the defense is far better than we have seen. We have alot of injuries on D. our corners are backups. I dont like our safeties though. At least we get pressure on the qb now

Steve's a smart guy and knows his football, but man is he wrong on this one. Newsflash Frank Gore has already played the Marshall Faulk role. 1,400 all purpose yards in Mike Martz offense. I think he's right that Frank is best suited to be in a power running attack like Norv had here, but he can be effective running out of a singleback. Last year he had 124 carries 565 and a 4.6 ypc in a lone setback formation.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
option 3

dumbest $hit I've heard since Brad Johnson=Alex Smith
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
option 3

Originally posted by ZRF80:

what are you doing posting up intelligent / beyond the obvious remarks in niner talk? that's not allowed here
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
option 3

Share 49ersWebzone