There are 276 users in the forums

"POLL" Should the 49ers trade Frank Gore?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

"POLL" Should the 49ers trade Frank Gore?

Wow Steve Young. You get a pass because you won us a Super Bowl.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/10169/should-the-49ers-trade-frank-gore
[ Edited by sicc110 on Dec 3, 2009 at 12:33 AM ]
IBTM
Originally posted by English:
IBTM
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
No. Because if he does, you'll start another poll that asks if we should have kept Gore.
I have heard better conversations between winners at the special olympics. Why in the world would the niners trade the best player on the offensive side of the ball, not to mention the only pro-bowl caliber player that hung around for those years when we had no shot, and didnt b..ch about us bieng a crappy franchise for the first four years of his career. Think before you make a thread.
Originally posted by filthydogma:
I have heard better conversations between winners at the special olympics. Why in the world would the niners trade the best player on the offensive side of the ball, not to mention the only pro-bowl caliber player that hung around for those years when we had no shot, and didnt b..ch about us bieng a crappy franchise for the first four years of his career. Think before you make a thread.

Well then you should read the article that quotes Steve Young saying we should trade him because we are going to the spread offense. The answer is obvious to me too. i just thought it was funny that Steve would say such a dumb thing. Relax buddy
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
yea right trade gore and start mr. 2 yards and a cloud of dust aka glenn coffee
i never wanna see Gore in another teams uniform
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Yes. Trade him.

For Adrian Peterson.

option 3

dumbest $hit I've heard since Brad Johnson=Alex Smith
  • flow
  • Veteran
Kinda makes you happy Steve didn't buy the team.
I would trade him for the right price. He is often injured, hasn't been hitting the hole, has a fumbling problem, and hasn't had a nose for short yardage or the endzone. Gore is not a complete back. I would send him off quick for good defensive end or a couple draft picks say 1st, and 3rd and 2nd the next season. Plus he isn't too far off from 30 so his prime years could be coming to an end soon. For the right price i'd say do it.
[ Edited by GONINERS09 on Dec 3, 2009 at 2:52 AM ]
Only if we get an offer too good to pass up AND we have someone legit to take his spot. Like say if we got Reggie Bush in FA and acquired a good bruising RB in the draft, then if they gave us something good for Gore, now we're talking... but otherwise, if we don't have a good back to replace him then NO.
YES! and we need to do it now!
Share 49ersWebzone