There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

my choices for OC in order are

1)Callahan
2)McDaniels..if we get Orton
3)M.Johnson/Shaw
Just throwing this out there...Childress for OC? He's a WCO guy.

I don't love the idea, though. He strikes me as a weasel...
DC is def going to be the Stanford guy he runs a 3-4 and his scheme is very agressive and we have perfect personnel for it.

OC will depend on if Shaw gets the HC job at Stanford if not he's our guy. Something tells me our interest in McDaniels was for OC not HC so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on JH's staff

position coaches:
I think JH has to be smart enough to know Solari is one of the best OL coaches around so he'll keep him and Ray Brown

Same goes for Hoener as TE coaches

Rathman will remain our RB coach he and JH worked together at Oak and JH will not fire someone with 49er ties IMO

Tomsula stays the players love him, Jed York and Baalke have said they would like to keep him around and he's a heck of a coach

Other than that I think JH will hire a very good staff and get to work on evaluating the players.

Hopefully when he talks to Willis he's convinced to keep Spikes and Franklin. After that I hope they re-sign Westbrooke and Baas and give extensions to D.Walker, Morgan, R.Mac. Offer Lawson and Goldston market value contracts, if they don't want it let them walk.

I would love to see us get both a vet and a young QB in the 1st or 2nd round to develope. Whoever Jim wants Palmer, McNabb, Kolb, Orton whatever he thinks but I want to win now
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
David Shaw - OC (Harbaugh's brain)
Vic Fangio - DC (current DC at Stanford)
Tom Cable - OL coach (power running game done right)
Tom Rathman - RB (keep Woody!)

good call. Like it. Tom cable?
Originally posted by Sims84:
Vic Fangio would be a perfect fit.

Quote:
NFL-ready coaching staff: "His staff and so many of his hires over past few years are very much NFL guys. He hired Vic Fangio, who did brilliant things on defense -- 8.8 points per game against (over their past five games). And then he ran a 3-4 defense in Baltimore with the Ravens. Very aggressive, very blitz-friendly. The 49ers have the personnel in their front seven to run that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/31052/jim-harbaugh-a-home-run-for-49ers

Very aggressive, very blitz friendly 3-4

Wasn't he the coordinator of the Panthers when they were the 2nd rated Defense in the NFL in like '96 or '97?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jb49ers80:

He is going to call guys he has a relationship with that he knows want to come coach with him, he isnt going to bring in a bunch of big names like Lovie Smith did with Mike Martz, Mike Tice, Rod Marinelli. So look at what Raiders coaches from 2002–2003 are up to like Bill Callahan (not sure the Jets would let him go) or Marc Trestman. Maybe someone like Al Saunders from the Ravens, though he is a "Air" Coryell guy...Jim Zorn could be a better fit from the Ravens.

[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 7, 2011 at 19:17:51 ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

He is going to call guys he has a relationship with that he knows want to come coach with him, he isnt going to bring in a bunch of big names like Lovie Smith did with Mike Martz, Mike Tice, Rod Marinelli. So look at what Raiders coaches from 2002–2003 are up to like Bill Callahan (not sure the Jets would let him go) or Marc Trestman. Maybe someone like Al Saunders from the Ravens.

I'm not so sure Trestman will be on that list. Do you remember Eddie D in the press conference after the season ended?

Question to Carmen "Will Trestman be back next year."

Carmen "Well, right no......."

Eddie grabs the mic "He's GONE!"
Originally posted by whatawegot:

I don't know who Stanford's OL coach is, but Stanford had one of the most disciplined OL's in all of college football this year...something the Niners OL lacked under Solari this year. Just saying.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

Quote:
NFL-ready coaching staff: "His staff and so many of his hires over past few years are very much NFL guys. He hired Vic Fangio, who did brilliant things on defense -- 8.8 points per game against (over their past five games). And then he ran a 3-4 defense in Baltimore with the Ravens. Very aggressive, very blitz-friendly. The 49ers have the personnel in their front seven to run that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/31052/jim-harbaugh-a-home-run-for-49ers

Wasn't he the coordinator of the Panthers when they were the 2nd rated Defense in the NFL in like '96 or '97?

Yup, in 96. That is when he had Kevin Greene and Lamar Lathon wreaking havoc on opposing QB's from their OLB positions
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by whatawegot:

I don't know who Stanford's OL coach is, but Stanford had one of the most disciplined OL's in all of college football this year...something the Niners OL lacked under Solari this year. Just saying.

Greg Roman . . . he's solid. I've heard him mentioned a couple times today and a candidate to succeed Harbaugh slong with Shaw.

Quote:

Yup, in 96. That is when he had Kevin Greene and Lamar Lathon wreaking havoc on opposing QB's from their OLB positions

Salt and Pepper. I loved those guys.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Jcool:

He is going to call guys he has a relationship with that he knows want to come coach with him, he isnt going to bring in a bunch of big names like Lovie Smith did with Mike Martz, Mike Tice, Rod Marinelli. So look at what Raiders coaches from 2002–2003 are up to like Bill Callahan (not sure the Jets would let him go) or Marc Trestman. Maybe someone like Al Saunders from the Ravens.

I'm not so sure Trestman will be on that list. Do you remember Eddie D in the press conference after the season ended?

Question to Carmen "Will Trestman be back next year."

Carmen "Well, right no......."

Eddie grabs the mic "He's GONE!"

He was the offensive coordinator the year the Raiders went to the Superbowl and Jim Harbaugh was on the Raider staff then. People love to bring up he was fired here but that was a 12-4 season with a top 10 offense and Terry Kirby as the starting RB.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Quote:

Salt and Pepper. I loved those guys.

yup
another thought i had:

After hearing Young so excited about the JH hire today has anyone else had the thought that maybe he would be interested in being a QB coach or even OC??
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
another thought i had:

After hearing Young so excited about the JH hire today has anyone else had the thought that maybe he would be interested in being a QB coach or even OC??

He already said he is not interested