There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Blame Singletary thread

Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Sing is about to lead us to our best record since 2002, and everyone here wants him gone.

I can see why everybody else calls us the Whiners now.

I'd love to know what gives you the confedence to think he will lead us to a winning season? (not tring to call you out btw just interested in what makes you think this way)

I personally would feel much more at eaze with a HC with several years prior HCing experience, who has been through nearly every game time situation. Not to say Sing might not become a good even a great HC but these heart breaking seasons year after year are becoming more and more difficult to witness.

I see us winning 2 more games, putting us at 7-9, our best record since . . . last year. We're better than 7-9.

[ Edited by JohnnyMo49 on Dec 7, 2009 at 13:39:19 ]
Sing is about to lead us to our best record since 2002, and everyone here wants him gone.

I'd love to know what gives you the confedence to think he will lead us to a winning season? (not tring to call you out btw just interested in what makes you think this way)

I personally would feel much more at eaze with a HC with several years prior HCing experience, who has been through nearly every game time situation. Not to say Sing might not become a good even a great HC but these heart breaking seasons year after year are becoming more and more difficult to witness.

Our best season since '02 has been 7-9, I have faith that we'll end up at 8-8.

And if you're tired of losing seasons year after year, firing the coaching staff after one season definitely isn't the answer.

And if you're tired of losing seasons year after year, firing the coaching staff after one season definitely isn't the answer.

I'd rather fire them now and hire a legitimate NFL head coach than keep employing a motivational speaker.
Originally posted by dmatt:
Originally posted by obx49:
It's time for a change...

We need coach chin. He fits our personnel.

None of these coach's fit us. There all west coast. alex can't drop back out of iform so we might as well cut him and draft someone else.

John Lynch?
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by danimal:
Whenever you want to fire a HC. Please keep in mind that winning franchises have stability at HC, even when they were not winning.

Just try to remember that.

Sing is the 4th HC of the decade....if for no other reason he should have plenty of slack.

AMEN.... Let him have another year before you freak out. He has a young team and has got their head into the game. That is the first time I have seen young players redpect the game and team in years. He will be good and even though I am PO'd after yesterday I really only expected an 8 and 8 season tops.

exactly. I mean this team is a .500 type of team on paper. That means 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 is the HC getting exactly what he could from this team. Had he did better he would have been receiving all the praise in the world.

Now, if we go 0-4 for the rest of the season......MAYBE this becomes an issue. But if the Niners win 1 or 2 more games....HC is NOT the root problem
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by dmatt:

We need coach chin. He fits our personnel.

None of these coach's fit us. There all west coast. alex can't drop back out of iform so we might as well cut him and draft someone else.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's the right answer.

Alex Smith will never lead a team to the playoffs.

8-8 may be the best record since '02 (if we reach that 7-9 seems more likely IMO) though a .500 record is not a very big improvement esp since we have had several drafts/FA periods to improve the roster since the '05 season. and a 1 win improvement over a 7 year period is not a mile stone to get excited about.

Replacing Sing after 1 season is a hard decsion to make, but if Jed is serious about this team returning to playing past week 17 then it just might be a choice that needs to be made.
Where is the blame Scot thread?

8-8 may be the best record since '02 (if we reach that 7-9 seems more likely IMO) though a .500 record is not a very big improvement esp since we have had several drafts/FA periods to improve the roster since the '05 season. and a 1 win improvement over a 7 year period is not a mile stone to get excited about.

Replacing Sing after 1 season is a hard decsion to make, but if Jed is serious about this team returning to playing past week 17 then it just might be a choice that needs to be made.

yeah lets bring a new coach with a new philosophy so we can start from scratch and rebuild until we have the players he wants that fit his system.

Im sorry but firing Sing is stupid, he is a rookie head coach, this team is only a couple players away from being contenders every year.

People see these "big name" coaches and want us to hire them right away, but you fail to realize is these f**ks failed at their last job, which is why the were fired in the first place. Yes i know holmgren wasnt fired but he is still a piece of s**t
Originally posted by valrod33:

yeah lets bring a new coach with a new philosophy so we can start from scratch and rebuild until we have the players he wants that fit his system.

Im sorry but firing Sing is stupid, he is a rookie head coach, this team is only a couple players away from being contenders every year.

People see these "big name" coaches and want us to hire them right away, but you fail to realize is these f**ks failed at their last job, which is why the were fired in the first place. Yes i know holmgren wasnt fired but he is still a piece of s**t

Why such hate for the Walrus?