There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Can We Expect if Niners Move to Santa Clara?

Will they still be the San Francisco 49ers? Is there a chance of dropping the city name or the team name? If this is in the wrong forum, sorry.
This question has been asked and answered a million times. Yes they will still be the San Francisco 49ers.
I've been hearing this question since 2006... Yes, they will still be the San Francisco 49ers.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 19, 2009 at 6:33 PM ]
PSL's that not many will be able to afford.
I don't know what to expect other than they'll be playing in a different city in a nicer stadium with better access and maybe some Santa Clarians will grumble about extra traffic on games days . What we can expect though is for this thread to grope off into oblivion.
woops.
I would expect not to be tailgating at Candlestick on Sundays....
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
This question has been asked and answered a million times. Yes they will still be the San Francisco 49ers.
No silly cone valleee.. Hunters Point, all the way.

Ya, big time ugly PSL's, enoy your time left at teh Stick where actual fans can get in and not just event freaks..
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
PSL's that not many will be able to afford.

I haz a sad.
Should be cheaper Lease and more room for expansion. A warmer fogless area and not so much smell as Candlestink. My recollection of Candlestick is the foul odor that takes getting used too.

The 49er's will still be the 49er's. Die hard 49er's fans and those companies that purchase season and Mezzanine tickets will still continue to purchase them.

The question is how many 49er's fans that come to games regularly actually come from the San Francisco and all of the cities North of the Bay Bridge, San Mateo and Dumbarton bridges. My guess is that most will travel on 101 South.

But If there are enough of those people that opt to cross the bridges, then there could be massive congestion on the bridges and 880 which is congested enough during normal traffic hours. Would be HORRID when the games are on.

I used to live in Hayward CA and worked in Newark which is only 12 miles away, and it can take up to ONE hour when traffic is congested on 880. OUCH!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 20, 2009 at 11:29 AM ]
You can expent access from THREE freeways, Rail Access, Light-Rail Access, Warmer Weather and a MUCH nicer stadium.

I have always liked the Sticks location from an esthetic point of view, but being out on the water like that makes it pretty damn cold (compared to the rest of the Bay Area...its not like we live in Minnesota) and Freeway access is a nightmare.

All things being equal, I'd like the stadium to stay on the point, but I honestly think the SC stadium just makes alot more sense.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

"What Can We Expect if Niners Move to Santa Clara?"

I can expect every trip to the game to be a family outing! The family all tailgates together, we go inside and watch some heads ripped off, the girls and the kids go do their thing at the park. We all meet after the game; boys relaxed and stress free from all the beer we drank and yelling we did, girls happy cause the kids are so tired they cant misbehave!

Oh, and I get to play the "I'm to drunk to drive home" card, which makes a 3 hour trip home oh, so very relaxing!

I got this s**t all planned out!