LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Morgan/Crabtree vs. Woodson/Harris

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone else terrified that our passing game will struggle a ton this weekend unless we can get Vernon Davis the ball?

The 49ers have two WR's in Josh Morgan & Michael Crabtree with less than 3 years of NFL experience between them. The Packers have two Pro Bowl CB's in Charles Woodson and Al Harris, with both having played over ten years in the league.

Raye better have one hell of a game plan. Let's hope Frank runs all over their shoddy 3-4.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I'm concerned, not terrified...

Their 3-4 isn't shoddy enough. It's going to be another ugly game.
i am worried but the gb db's have either had good games or bad ones. I think they will win the matchups and cover up davis but what we will do or should do is quick throws and throws to our rb's esp gore who can beat any lb of the packers. Even quick throws to davis, who can beat anyone on the gb d. They are a slow D and an old secondary. so we will win if our offense attacks their lb's not secondary
I still think Woodson and Harris are not to be considered slow. Old, yes. Al Harris is short, yes. But they both still get it done.

The 49ers will need to exploit whomever covers Vernon Davis or Jason Hill/Delanie Walker in the slot. In the 3-4, Aaron Kampman & Clay Matthews have to fall back and play in pass coverage when there are more than 3 WR's on the field (depending on the defense called, the defensive unit that is on the field, and the look the 49ers give them).

If the Niners can exploit those WR vs. LB mismatches, it will help tremendously in getting the ball to Vernon, Jason, & Delanie, as well as with the running game. I have little faith that Morgan & Crabs will be able to make any game changing plays in this one.
as long as we have enough time to throw the ball, i think we will be fine
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

I'm worried that we won't

Same. I'm not worried about Smith, i'm worried about the o-line.

-9fA
Originally posted by King49er:

If Raye scheme's well against them and the OL has time, of course both WRs can have big games because Smith had time to throw the ball. Now back to reality, the fact is that our scheme must use quick slants, outs and screens to slow down the pressure forward and force them back. Alex has already demonstrated he can do that. The question is whether he can do it consistently.

I believe these guys will be up to the task. They can't give up and must focus each and every play because each one is going to count.

This game already feels like a playoff game of old. Well, because it is. We lose we go home and have our playoff hopes squashed and Singletary's promised questioned until next season because he is not going anywhere.

Or, we could b e successful. Crabtree can continue his growth before our eyes and leap into greatness. Alex can just get the pass off so that the WR has a chance. I can see Gore taking advantages of space as a result of edge success. I can see momentum.

The real big question is whether they can sustain it.

I believe they can!

[ Edited by ninertico on Nov 18, 2009 at 6:51 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Anyone else terrified that our passing game will struggle a ton this weekend unless we can get Vernon Davis the ball?

The 49ers have two WR's in Josh Morgan & Michael Crabtree with less than 3 years of NFL experience between them. The Packers have two Pro Bowl CB's in Charles Woodson and Al Harris, with both having played over ten years in the league.

Raye better have one hell of a game plan. Let's hope Frank runs all over their shoddy 3-4.

i'm not sure if you guys watched the cowboy and packer game at all on sunday but they had woodson on witten almost all night. i'm going to say that the same will go for VD on Sunday. Harris is a step below woodson right now in his career. Crabs and Morgan will get a chance to make plays. IMO
Vernon Davis is going to tear it up!

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Same. I'm not worried about Smith, i'm worried about the o-line.

-9fA

This team is gonna need the o-line to step up & give this offense time to make plays on sunday.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Crabtree still looking for TD #1, better change that Sunday
If morgan and crabtree are covered all day..maybe a little jason hill action?
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by King49er:

If Raye scheme's well against them and the OL has time, of course both WRs can have big games because Smith had time to throw the ball. Now back to reality, the fact is that our scheme must use quick slants, outs and screens to slow down the pressure forward and force them back. Alex has already demonstrated he can do that. The question is whether he can do it consistently.

I believe these guys will be up to the task. They can't give up and must focus each and every play because each one is going to count.

This game already feels like a playoff game of old. Well, because it is. We lose we go home and have our playoff hopes squashed and Singletary's promised questioned until next season because he is not going anywhere.

Or, we could b e successful. Crabtree can continue his growth before our eyes and leap into greatness. Alex can just get the pass off so that the WR has a chance. I can see Gore taking advantages of space as a result of edge success. I can see momentum.

The real big question is whether they can sustain it.

I believe they can!

Such homerism! Morgan & Crabs are going to be covered by two of the best corners in the league. Granted, you did say "back to reality," but still!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
If morgan and crabtree are covered all day..maybe a little jason hill action?

Yeah that's what I wrote above. Gotta take advantage of mismatches in the slot in this game.
Share 49ersWebzone