LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

I know this is rash... but do we start wilhelm over takeo?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I know this is rash... but do we start wilhelm over takeo?

It seems to me that takeo has lost a step and seems to be injury prone.. While I love the experience and passion he brings to the defense, I think willhelm is quicker to the hole..

maybe i am wrong, i dont know.. In watching the game thats how it felt though... that guy seemed to be all over the field when he came in
Spikes hammy injury is apparently pretty serious, so we're probably going to anyways.

But when healthy, I would still probably keep Takeo's experience in the game. We'll see what Wilhelm can do over the next couple of games, I imagine, with Spikes probably out.
I love takeo but wilhelm was so much faster than takeo i think he should have a shot at starting over takeo an i know it was only one game but lets see what happens
  • Mex49
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
PIPE DOWN
If Takeo's out for any lenght of time, I'd rather rotate Wilhelm and McKillop so we can get the rook some PT.
Takeo's main job here has been to blow up lead blockers and he's pretty much the quintessential backer for that duty. I don't see how anyone could want him replaced.
the 49erswebzone, where fans will call for their QB's head for 1 bad game, and will anoint a practice squad LB over an all-pro LB because of 1 half.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
the 49erswebzone, where fans will call for their QB's head for 1 bad game, and will anoint a practice squad LB over an all-pro LB because of 1 half.

Yes!

One sunny day doesn't make a summer. One good performance doesn't make a career.

• Veteran
I voted no, but doesn't he look faster than Takeo?

no.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

no.

This
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I swear some of you are just so dramatic.

Dude makes a couple of tackles and now u wonna start him. TKO has not played poorly.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

no.

Indeed.

But, I don't think it would hurt to rotate him and McKillop in at times.
Share 49ersWebzone