Spikes hammy injury is apparently pretty serious, so we're probably going to anyways.
But when healthy, I would still probably keep Takeo's experience in the game. We'll see what Wilhelm can do over the next couple of games, I imagine, with Spikes probably out.
There are 545 users in the forums
I know this is rash... but do we start wilhelm over takeo?
Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know this is rash... but do we start wilhelm over takeo?
Nov 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,571
Nov 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM
- bornaniner
- Member
- Posts: 102
I love takeo but wilhelm was so much faster than takeo i think he should have a shot at starting over takeo an i know it was only one game but lets see what happens
Nov 13, 2009 at 11:42 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,331
Nov 14, 2009 at 1:26 AM
- Mex49
- Member
- Posts: 2,979
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nov 14, 2009 at 1:27 AM
- RonMexico
- Moderator
- Posts: 80,081
PIPE DOWN
Nov 14, 2009 at 1:44 AM
- zozell
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,961
If Takeo's out for any lenght of time, I'd rather rotate Wilhelm and McKillop so we can get the rook some PT.
Nov 14, 2009 at 1:55 AM
- Mospeed
- Veteran
- Posts: 522
Takeo's main job here has been to blow up lead blockers and he's pretty much the quintessential backer for that duty. I don't see how anyone could want him replaced.
Nov 14, 2009 at 4:03 AM
- Niners99
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,280
the 49erswebzone, where fans will call for their QB's head for 1 bad game, and will anoint a practice squad LB over an all-pro LB because of 1 half.
Nov 14, 2009 at 5:20 AM
- Envy
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,382
Originally posted by Niners99:
the 49erswebzone, where fans will call for their QB's head for 1 bad game, and will anoint a practice squad LB over an all-pro LB because of 1 half.
Yes!
One sunny day doesn't make a summer. One good performance doesn't make a career.
Nov 14, 2009 at 6:55 AM
- 190836
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,971
I voted no, but doesn't he look faster than Takeo?
Nov 14, 2009 at 7:07 AM
- NineFourNiner
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 78,569

no.
Nov 14, 2009 at 9:23 AM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,814
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
no.
This
Nov 14, 2009 at 10:42 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,132
I swear some of you are just so dramatic.
Dude makes a couple of tackles and now u wonna start him. TKO has not played poorly.
Dude makes a couple of tackles and now u wonna start him. TKO has not played poorly.
Nov 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM
- horsecore
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,280
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
no.
Indeed.
But, I don't think it would hurt to rotate him and McKillop in at times.