LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

David Baas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That whiff on Tommie Harris which allowed Gore to get blasted was just as horrific as anything on Chilo Rachal's lowlight reel. It came on the same series where the interior Oline couldnt give Alex Smith an inch on a fourth and a foot sneak. This guy was highly rated prospect and played a lot of good football at Michigan so I dont see any reason why he is as mediocre as he is, since physically he has the potential to at least be average.
He sucked. Chilo did too. Chilo got beat on many pass rushes tonight. But the complete whif was on Baas tonight. Not that Chilo hasn't had his complete whif's because he certainly has in past weeks.

The both suck IMO and need to be replaced and RT also. We need 3 new O LINEMEN. Not maybe but for sure.
Him and Snyder alone make a good case for us having the worst OL in the league. At least Chilo has been better lately.
Originally posted by znk916:
Him and Snyder alone make a good case for us having the worst OL in the league. At least Chilo has been better lately.

Chilo has sucked all year including this game. He is just not rediculously bad lately which I guess is some sort of "improvement."

Lets just start Wragge. He couldn't do worse than him.
  • babby1974
  • Info N/A
I agree - how hard is it to just get in the linemans way on a running play - he completely whiffed. call it what you want, bad technique, out of position, but it was just plain bad. We need new O-lineman next year. I really think that would help settle the offense.
Baas = garbage
Chilo = garbage
Snyder = garbage who can play two different positions
Heitmann = ok
Staley = the only OL we should keep around besides Heitmann
Sims = playing surprisingly well
I'm glad they were able to open enough holes to get 100 yards rushing, if they shut our running game down we would be 3-6 right now, gotta give the line some credit.
the o line is going to give me erectile dysfunction if they don't step it up

The oline chokes over and over every game. They have for years. The only year they looked good in the last five was during Norv's tenure.
Mark Schlereth was raving about Baas play today. Said he did a great job.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 13, 2009 at 07:58:12 ]
Baas sucks.... and I thought he was worse than Rachal earlier in the season.

I rewatched the Rams game earlier and I can recall 3 terrible plays by Baas on ONE drive.

You'd think a guy in the last year of his contract would play great like Franklin, but if money can't motivate, you have no hope to improve.

Rachal has the excuse of being young and raw but Baas should not be resigned unless it's a backup role
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Mark Schlereth was raving about Baas play today. Said he did a great job.

He just hype off that one play on the TD run by Gore. Besides that Baas, and Chilo played terribly again.
Funny, isn't it, that all these guys (Rachal most recently) played so well in college. So what happened? Did we draft pure losers(except Staley)...or could it be something else? I swear I look at those guys and i just can't believe they ALL play so bad. So either our drafting is inexcusably inept (which is certainly possible)...or our OL coaching stinks. For me it might be some of drafting, but honestly, this much bad on one OL...it just has to be the lack of great OL coaching technique, or OL coaching schemes that is making this OL look like candystripers (lady volunteers at the hospital). They all can't be this bad, but the OL coaching, hence the HC coaching, must really stink. And after last nite, anybody who didn't believe that, sure will now.
Share 49ersWebzone