LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Consensus: 2/3 of Smith's Picks were not his Fault

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
If the ball hits the WR in the hands he should catch it.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
He can't pump fake. His hands are too small. If he pump fakes the ball will fall out :)

Maybe he should shoulder fake.

This

[ Edited by jeepzilla on Nov 12, 2009 at 05:57:13 ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
He can't pump fake. His hands are too small. If he pump fakes the ball will fall out :)

Maybe he should shoulder fake.

This

Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Pumpfake or not, the guy still sucks. Overthrows balls, stares down his receivers, has a slow release, and is inaccurate.

Alex Bust

I am pretty sure that you have little to zero experience, either playing, or realistically analyzing sports in general. Take some time to actually watch, play , or read about, what it is like to compete at a level above "everyone plays and gets atrophy for trying" and then you may be taken seriously! Or, just try watching the game b4 u spew un-substantiated opinions.

What does anything you said have to do with Alex Smith or pumpfakes??? You don't need much experience to realize a guy sucks. All I'm saying is that nobody is afraid of Alex Smith in the NFL. No defense, no secondary, nobody. Mario Williams of the Texans even said he never even heard of the guy. Alex Smith can pump fake all he wants, he's not going to fake anyone out.

You must be one of those die hard Alex Smith groupies.
I thought you were going to say hand the ball off to Frank.
"Crabtree said there were some timing issues on the interception in the game against the Titans. Smith admitted to throwing the ball late to Crabtree at the sideline."

link

That was the first pick, the 2nd pick, he just stared down the WR, didn't see the safety, and threw it late. The 3rd pick, he just stared down the WR, and threw it in very tight coverage.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
"Crabtree said there were some timing issues on the interception in the game against the Titans. Smith admitted to throwing the ball late to Crabtree at the sideline."

link

That was the first pick, the 2nd pick, he just stared down the WR, didn't see the safety, and threw it late. The 3rd pick, he just stared down the WR, and threw it in very tight coverage.

Actually, in defense of Smith, it was 3rd and 9 or less, I think, and Crabtree ran a 12 yard route, deeper than he needed.

At the end of the day, unless it's tipped by our receiver or by the defensive line, a ball tipped by a DB is the QB's fault in not placing the ball in the right location.

I actually feel the clean diving interception by the Safety was a better defensive play than it was a bad offensive play. The tipped balls by the DBs were the bad offensive plays.
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
Personally, I would rather have 3 INT's per game with Smith, than 8+ "3 and outs" with Hill. At least the offense has been able to move the ball, score more points and give the defense a decent amount of rest.

All thing considered, Smith's INT's will go down, but Hill's performance seemed to be topped out.

Personally, I think we will eventually not be seeing games on local TV due to blackouts if we go back to the mutliple turnover disasters we had been seeing the last several years. People will just stop showing up to the Stick eventually.
Share 49ersWebzone