There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Consensus: 2/3 of Smith's Picks were not his Fault

tipped balls happen, im more worried about him staring down wr! he needs to learn to pump fake and stare off safeties!
I keep reading that Alex should had placed the ball exactly where it should be at the exact time it should of been, tips wouldn't happen. Fine me one QB that places the ball exactly on the money all the time, that doesn't happen not Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. But what do these guys have that 49er don't 2 thing an OL and WR that hold on to the ball. How many time have we seen old man Bruce drop a ball or Josh let one go throw his hands and even Crabtree had 2 passes hit his hands now I'm not saying that Alex does nothing wrong but its not all on him. Its crazy to think that with all these WR are best hands the team are Gore RB Vernon, Walker are TE
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Thaay juzt say taht dood. Smyth iz teh busty leef.

Remember when last year, the INT's by JTO were all just part of his "Gunslinger mentality" ? .... ..

And people accepted that for 8 games. Alex has started 2 with this being the only game he's thrown more INT's than TDs. Of the three he's played in, this was the first time he's thrown more than one interception.

Even the best QB's in the game have games like this. Frick man, Warner had 5 INT's and a fumble lost against the Panthers... Rodgers had two against the Bucs. Cutler had three against the Bengals. Garrard threw two and zero touchdowns against the Titans. Schaub threw two against Buffalo. Manning threw three against Arizona.

Get off his back over one game. If he keeps doing this, jump back on. I'll join.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximill15:
tipped balls happen, im more worried about him staring down wr! he needs to learn to pump fake and stare off safeties!

That worries a lil' as well. But If I recall...a few plats later...Alex faked his staredown & passed to another receiver. So that shows me he corrects HIS mistakes. That shows his improvement.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Lets just see if it continues.

yeah, I wanna see him more times and playing it whole games if he is improve how win or not then draft qb 2010? Alex is very smart for education and quick a time when he threw it because he know that Oline can't holding cuz they weak it.. Alex just respect them Oline. Alex can do best by himself and work hard when he got better to threw the yards almost 300 yards.. not bad! i have seen him improve it and look different now than 3 years ago!

Agreed.

Thanks for support my buddy.. let's go Alex mofo!
move the f*ck on
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Remember when last year, the INT's by JTO were all just part of his "Gunslinger mentality" ? .... ..

And people accepted that for 8 games. Alex has started 2 with this being the only game he's thrown more INT's than TDs. Of the three he's played in, this was the first time he's thrown more than one interception.

Even the best QB's in the game have games like this. Frick man, Warner had 5 INT's and a fumble lost against the Panthers... Rodgers had two against the Bucs. Cutler had three against the Bengals. Garrard threw two and zero touchdowns against the Titans. Schaub threw two against Buffalo. Manning threw three against Arizona.

Get off his back over one game. If he keeps doing this, jump back on. I'll join.

Come on now...

Warner averages 281 yards per game with 16 TD's so far and only 11 INT's. All the guys listed have much better stats than Alex. Look at the numbers:

Rodgers averages 281 yards with 16 TD's and 5 INT's.
Cutler averages 255 yards with 14 TD's and 12 INT's.
Schaub averages 294 yards with 17 TD's and 9 INT's.
Do I even need to mentioned Manning's 318 yard average with 16 TD's and 5 INT's.

Hell, even Gerard (who has the same 5 Int's and around 230 yards a game) threw his across 266 attempts (8 games) instead of the 99 attempts (2.5 games) from Alex.

Look, I want Alex to do good just as much as the next guy; but, the guys you mentioned are clearly playing at a higher level than Alex is right now. I'd be ok with Alex having a so called bad day if he was getting 250 - 300 yard games consistently.
He's late with the ball and stares down receivers. I think even though some balls get tipped the QB still threw it at an inopportune time.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Come on now...

Warner averages 281 yards per game with 16 TD's so far and only 11 INT's. All the guys listed have much better stats than Alex. Look at the numbers:

Do I even need to mentioned Manning's 318 yard average with 16 TD's and 5 INT's.

Hell, even Gerard (who has the same 5 Int's and around 230 yards a game) threw his across 266 attempts (8 games) instead of the 99 attempts (2.5 games) from Alex.

Look, I want Alex to do good just as much as the next guy; but, the guys you mentioned are clearly playing at a higher level than Alex is right now. I'd be ok with Alex having a so called bad day if he was getting 250 - 300 yard games consistently.

......and the next line that follows, "Well what do you expect Alex hasn't been playing for 1 and a half years".
Originally posted by carias416:
I keep reading that Alex should had placed the ball exactly where it should be at the exact time it should of been, tips wouldn't happen. Fine me one QB that places the ball exactly on the money all the time, that doesn't happen not Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. But what do these guys have that 49er don't 2 thing an OL and WR that hold on to the ball. How many time have we seen old man Bruce drop a ball or Josh let one go throw his hands and even Crabtree had 2 passes hit his hands now I'm not saying that Alex does nothing wrong but its not all on him. Its crazy to think that with all these WR are best hands the team are Gore RB Vernon, Walker are TE

Dude, you seriously need a lesson in proper grammer. I can barely understand what you are trying to say.
The fact that we have to dissect every week, which picks belong to Alex or what not, indicates we have a problem.
These are the kinds of posts that make Smith fans look like complete idiots.

Funny thing is, I like Smith as our starting QB right now. I just hate seeing the BS excuses homers make up for him.
Yeah Ummm.... About that..... teams rarely point fingers at their players.... and make excuses to protect their players.... sooooooooo....Yea
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Come on now...

......and the next line that follows, "Well what do you expect Alex hasn't been playing for 1 and a half years".

LOL... He should be well rested then, right?
Consensus: 2/3 of Smith's Picks were not his Fault

Is it also a consensus that seven losses in his last seven starts were also not his fault?

The fumbles? Consensus? Turkeys?