There are 207 users in the forums

Consensus: 2/3 of Smith's Picks were not his Fault

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Also, you know we can't just double his current stats and compare them to Cutler's. This would be like saying Hill won 5 of his last 8 so if he started every game this season we would finish 10-6 (because we take his last 8 and double that)... It just doesn't work that way.

A players stats are generally attributed to the player. Wins/Losses are attributed to a team, offense and defense, not just one player. So that makes no sense at all...

Obviously, you don't get my meaning.

Of course it's dumb to double a win loss record. Some would say it's just as ridiculous to double a players stats so that you can compare them to another player in an attempt to compensate for a small sample size on the original player...
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Consensus: 2/3 of Smith's Picks were not his Fault

Is it also a consensus that seven losses in his last seven starts were also not his fault?

The fumbles? Consensus? Turkeys?

this. solid games without wins are pointless. there are no moral victories.

The A. Smith supporters can keep telling themselves that all they want! I bet they would still say that if we were 0-16! But sooner or later we will have a coach who mans up to McLoser and makes him realize that this guy is never going to get it!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
how about you guys compare Smiths offensive line and OC to all the league leading QB's your comparing his 2.5 games to? this is ridiculous. he moves the offense and he puts up points, INT's happen, 3 of those were the receivers fault and one was a desperation end of the game throw against the texans on 4th and 10 with time running out. EVERY QB throws more INT's in that situation than TD's. its a low percentage throw. this guy cant do anything to please you people. we look like a real NFL team with him under center, the whole team looks better with him back there. get off it

How about you do the work that you are requesting so that you can base your argument off of fact... You can start with the Bears
how about you guys compare Smiths offensive line and OC to all the league leading QB's your comparing his 2.5 games to? this is ridiculous. he moves the offense and he puts up points, INT's happen, 3 of those were the receivers fault and one was a desperation end of the game throw against the texans on 4th and 10 with time running out. EVERY QB throws more INT's in that situation than TD's. its a low percentage throw. this guy cant do anything to please you people. we look like a real NFL team with him under center, the whole team looks better with him back there. get off it

How about you do the work that you are requesting so that you can base your argument off of fact... You can start with the Bears

all these statisticians on here are taking his 2 game averages and comparing him to brees, manning, brady, rodgers and shaub. they seem to be good with numbers, its retarded to compare two games to half a seasons worth of stats. i think it would be a good project for the haters to work on before creating another "alecks smiithhe trhow dem bals tooo muchs of da times tho!!! he be a qwaterbakks thats nott the muchs bedderr than wyan weefs" thread

all these statisticians on here are taking his 2 game averages and comparing him to brees, manning, brady, rodgers and shaub. they seem to be good with numbers, its retarded to compare two games to half a seasons worth of stats. i think it would be a good project for the haters to work on before creating another "alecks smiithhe trhow dem bals tooo muchs of da times tho!!! he be a qwaterbakks thats nott the muchs bedderr than wyan weefs" thread

I agree; but, asking others to do this makes you sound lazy or not committed to the message you're trying to get across. These, as you call them, "haters" do have somewhat of a point. Alex has had 2 below average games in a row. We could understand against the Colts D; but, a bad game against the Titans (there what, 31st in the league)...

I agree; but, asking others to do this makes you sound lazy or not committed to the message you're trying to get across. These, as you call them, "haters" do have somewhat of a point. Alex has had 2 below average games in a row. We could understand against the Colts D; but, a bad game against the Titans (there what, 31st in the league)...

i dont care about the comparison. point i was trying to make is that it isnt a valid comparison. we all know those elite teams have better lines than us, its not a mystery to anyone. and titans arent as bad as people think they are. i think theyre in the same situation we're in. theyre transitioning to a new style of offense and trying to find their identity, i think they found theirs, we're still trying to find ours.going from a game where you dont pass 30 times to a game were we passed 50 times is a huge leap. the offense is in transition, when it settles is when we're actually gonna start winning games. they have to find the balance

Rodgers has the worst offensive line in the league and is light years better than Smith. Stop saying the INTs weren't his fault.

Why is it so hard to people to comprehend that late and inaccurate throws are going to be deflected? That's how interceptions happen.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Rodgers has the worst offensive line in the league and is light years better than Smith. Stop saying the INTs weren't his fault.

Why is it so hard to people to comprehend that late and inaccurate throws are going to be deflected? That's how interceptions happen.

rodgers line is not worse than ours in any way. and sing said so himself that the two deflections were on the receivers. receivers make diving, awkward catches all the time, our receivers are young and not comfortable with that stuff yet
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Also, you know we can't just double his current stats and compare them to Cutler's. This would be like saying Hill won 5 of his last 8 so if he started every game this season we would finish 10-6 (because we take his last 8 and double that)... It just doesn't work that way.

A players stats are generally attributed to the player. Wins/Losses are attributed to a team, offense and defense, not just one player. So that makes no sense at all...

Obviously, you don't get my meaning.

Of course it's dumb to double a win loss record. Some would say it's just as ridiculous to double a players stats so that you can compare them to another player in an attempt to compensate for a small sample size on the original player...

Oh OK. Well, it's not nearly as ridiculous to double a players stats than to double a team's win loss record to compare them to someone else in a sport where 35+ men take the field for each team in every game. Doubling stats to get a more accurate sample size may not mean much but it's the best you can do in certain situations. It does mean something. Doubling a QB's W/L record to do the same will never mean anything in football.
LOL. This guy throws more picks that were not his fault than any other QB that I know of...

There's got to be something to this...

you are suppose to just ignore that. Its pretty much a pre requisite to be a Smith Lover.....you have to learn to simply ignore things

rodgers line is not worse than ours in any way. and sing said so himself that the two deflections were on the receivers. receivers make diving, awkward catches all the time, our receivers are young and not comfortable with that stuff yet

Dude the GB line has been decimated this year. Rodgers is running for his life on every other passing play.

I'll say it again...when the QB isn't accurate or when his passes aren't timed correctly, balls will be deflected. It's not some random stroke of bad luck. That's how interceptions happen.
Originally posted by danimal:
LOL. This guy throws more picks that were not his fault than any other QB that I know of...

you are suppose to just ignore that. Its pretty much a pre requisite to be a Smith Lover.....you have to learn to simply ignore things

By the way, i answered a post of yours in the 'Alex Smith Bandwagon' thread, i'd like to get your response.

-9fA
  • Mex49

hmmmmmm, maybe it the WRs and the coaches that play them

Kinda like Alex did...I thought that was an "Alexcuse..?"

Wait...

Ohhhhh I get it.
Originally posted by Mex49:

hmmmmmm, maybe it the WRs and the coaches that play them

Yeah, Crabs definitely has some fault in this too... If he were here in camp, he would know to deflect a pass down instead of up on those bad throws...
Share 49ersWebzone