LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Saints)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
1) The playcalling was much better.

2) We can now sleep knowing that Alex Smith is our QB and is NOT a bust.

3) We didnt give up any big plays in the secondary. (Really shocked)

Anyway I cant believe we lost but at least we fought till the end

GO NINERS!!!!

real fans are happy when we:

Quote:

then a few brews, then start ----- gooooooo niners
Turn Overs & Time Management

4 turnovers and a wasted time out. The Niner players were more physical then the Saints players. Will somebody do something to correct time management and turn overs.
I never say this, but there is a bunch of thread you could have stuck this random thought in... that sounds perverted.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by BAD_AL:
The problem wasn't with the OLINE.

Smith had enough time to throw most of the time.

Mutha Fu--ing QB is the PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Oline allowed 0 sacks. also because alex did the one thing i thought would never happen, he ran for the Chains when his team need the first downs. rather then rolling to his right and throwing it away which he did do once. He kind of seems to be the guy we've wait 6 years to see, he knows the system fully and now he seems to be functionally when the play doesn't go the way it was drawn up.

and i saw that play where he rolled right. it was pathetic on the reciever's part.

only 1 reciever was over there and he stood in one spot on the sideline give alex about a 3 foot window to throw it to, though he probably would have swatted back in to play for a pick.

and nobody else even came back towards alex, not a single person broke off their route.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The lack of production from Crabtree is puzzling to me. I really dont think he is the problem. We really need to try and get him involved early and often. My theory is the Niners are trying to teach him a lesson. I could be wrong though.

Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
If Reggie smith didN t drop that pick 6 towards the end of the game we would have won.

man...
We had so many chances..so many Ifs
If Alex's int wasnt tipped
If delaine didnt fumble on the 5 yard line and we got AT LEAST a FG
If Manny Lawson picked off that ball near the sideline that was in his hands
If we recovered Bush's muffed punt
If Phillip Adams didnt fumble/ muff that punt
If Reggie Smith caught that pick 6 to win the game
If Parys Haralson didnt hit Brees after he threw the ball, that penalty was big on that drive
If Adam Snyder didnt go false start, you never know what couldve happened on that drive, we were moving the ball great that quarter

So many "Ifs" but they dont matter..

Football is a game of inches. If we continue to progress from week 1 to week 2 and then to week 3 somewhere there will be a break out game, when we do all of the things we are supposed to do and do them well. In game 1 were were in the red zone three times but got only 6 points. Week 2 were in the Red zone 6 times and go 22 points. That is a lot of movement in both games. If we can settle in and develop consistency we will have ourselves quite the team. I think the confidence is going up. Wins will help with that consistency. Now we need to add turnovers to the mix and stability in the special teams.
Originally posted by WoodenCrosses:
How bout this? Why doesn't Crabtree just focus on making catches when the ball is thrown to him. Yes, he's a great weapon, but he's shown nothing this year for the attempts going his way - including a tip for an INT. Guys, just calm down while the offense just cleans itself up and he'll get his touches. You Alex haters are ridiculous.

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
4. We played with HEART!

true!

this is the most coherent sentence that you have ever written.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 22, 2010 at 02:56:54 ]
Maybe this is because he caused two picks last week? Maybe the Seahawks game created some trust issues. A QB and his Wide Reciever have a unique relationship that isn't really seen in any other sport.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
The lack of production from Crabtree is puzzling to me. I really dont think he is the problem. We really need to try and get him involved early and often. My theory is the Niners are trying to teach him a lesson. I could be wrong though.

they wouldnt not throw to him if hes open just to teach him a lesson lol. smith probably just doesnt trust him to run the right routes because he doesnt know the plays. or maybe he just though his other reads had better match ups. its gonna happen like that, one day morgans gonna have a big day and next time crabtree will. i think that diversity makes an offense more dangerous.

Yeah, first time in like forever I've seen the line give our QB that much time. IF they can keep giving Alex time, I truly believe he will prove to be consistent in the games ahead. BUT that's if our receivers don't tip the ball in the air or the D-Line doesn't keep tipping passes in the air.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I WANNA f**kING RIP THE GOD DAMN CHIEFS APART NEXT WEEK! YOU'RE GONNA GET YOUR f**kING TEETH KNOCKED IN KANSAS CITY!!!

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I bring this up because watching that game, it sure as hell looks like Crabtree was open enough to make a lot more catches. I think Smith might be under orders to look elsewhere intentionally. That's the kind of thing Singletary would do.

As silly as this sounds, i wouldn't be at all surprised, seeing how Sing has his favorites.

On what actual facts do you make that judgement?

The fact that Singletary seems to go out of his way NOT to discuss Crabtree...ever? I think that's justification enough that he does not care much for the guy.

Come on now, this is the NFL filled with men killing each other on the field, not some estrogen induced lifetime drama bickering Melrose Place saga of gossip. Sing is the man, and even if he did hate Crab, there is no way in hell he would jeopardize the team and or his job and tell Smith not to look for Crabs. If so, why is crabs even suited up? Sing would've demoted his azz a long time ago. Sing is a hall of fame stand up guy, respectfully known to be an ultimate team player and leader amongst his peers on the field, off the field and in the hall where all the busts talk to each other. Albeit, his coaching needs more improvement, but he is no b*tch holding a hissy fit mean girls type grudge.

I'm sorry man, you have no proof whatsoever, and maybe crabs doesn't get the ball, because so far when he's been getting it thrown his way he hasn't really produced like the other receivers, obviously omitting the one catch he pulled in on Monday. Once the rapport with Smith and Crabs gets better, he'll get more thrown his way.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Anyway I cant believe we lost but at least we fought till the end

GO NINERS!!!!

I would looooove to crown Alex right now, but I still can't do it. I am a big supporter of his, but until he does this consistantly I won't say he is our franchise QB. He definitely made strides and if he can play at that level in KC, then the fans may get off his back completely. Consistency now Alex, consistency!!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Share 49ersWebzone