There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Well, I guess we're f**ked...

Originally posted by 666SF666SF:
Random thought; I actually think his tattoos (and Staley's and Newberry's - RIP) make our team look "cool" on television...

That just looks so wrong.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Random thought; I actually think his tattoos (and Staley's and Newberry's - RIP) make our team look "cool" on television...

That just looks so wrong.

~Ceadder

About time someone else noticed this! Caption of the week?

[ Edited by TheCatch on Nov 5, 2009 at 05:49:02 ]
all those tattoo's on his arms, he's gotta be a bad ass right? right?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by jrg:
Matt Maiocco: Much of the 49ers' hopes for this season rests on the shoulders of Barry Sims, who will play left tackle for the next six weeks in place of injured Joe Staley.

Sims actually played pretty solid against Freeney who only had ONE sack for the day. That's not bad at all. Now if he can continue to play like that for an extended period is anybody's guess, but I'm not going to sweat the small $4|t.

~Ceadder

Uh yeah - now all we have to do is hope that every DE he plays is just coming back from an injury and still a bit banged up - like Freeney was.
If Sims does really well in replacement of Staley, maybe we could trade Staley for a good Guard, RT, or some draft picks in the off-season.

lol... j/k
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What will be, will be. Not use fretting over things that we can't control people. Sims will do what he can do, let's just hope he does a good enough job.
  • Pedro61
  • Info N/A
Simms was a starter when he came here.....

He's been durable through a long career, and was a lock for the raiders when they were good. He's capable. He's had to fight for a spot, but he's not had a lot of reps in the last yr or so......give it a week or so and he'll be fine.

I think it's a good sign that we've lost two tackles and we still have some depth. Snyder and Simms are both better than kwame harris!

If we beat the cards monday night, we'll be in the playoffs......and the week after i've got tickets for the game @philly, so we'll win that also
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Jeremy newberry? Is he dead I didn't know that.....I remember after a game against the raiders, a raider fan broke a bottle on his dads head. I always liked newberry....that sucks.

My apologies Brotha - not dead, just not on our team anymore.
We need legit oline depth meng

It's gonna be a crap shoot. titans run defense is terrible so they shoudl be able to get some running going which hopefully gets him in a grove to pass protect.
CHILO AND SIMS=
I thought Sims played very well on Sunday.

While he struggled last year, I think people overly dramatized his "demise" on the team going into training camp. He was the "scourge" of the team, along with Roman, for many on this board. These same people pleaded for the team to release him, and play Boone right away.

This really shows the value of OL who can swing to both sides of the line. While he is certainly no long-term solution at any position in the line, he is a valuable reserve to this team, and I'm glad he was able to show many fans that he is not a bad player. In other words, the guy still has some game.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

While he struggled last year, I think people overly dramatized his "demise" on the team going into training camp. He was the "scourge" of the team, along with Roman, for many on this board. These same people pleaded for the team to release him, and play Boone right away.

This really shows the value of OL who can swing to both sides of the line. While he is certainly no long-term solution at any position in the line, he is a valuable reserve to this team, and I'm glad he was able to show many fans that he is not a bad player. In other words, the guy still has some game.

exactly
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

exactly

Well said!
Originally posted by jrg:
Matt Maiocco: Much of the 49ers' hopes for this season rests on the shoulders of Barry Sims, who will play left tackle for the next six weeks in place of injured Joe Staley.

Well, he held his own against one of the leagues best in Dwight Freeney. Maybe he plays better at LT.