There are 247 users in the forums

Well, I guess we're f**ked...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Random thought; I actually think his tattoos (and Staley's and Newberry's - RIP) make our team look "cool" on television...

[ Edited by 666SF666SF on Nov 4, 2009 at 21:14:53 ]
Yeah it's going to be a little rough but the scary thing is if Sims or Snyder go down, than the whole O-Line is in complete shambles.
Have to give Simms some credit. No small challenge to do what he did Sunday against the Colts. He may not be right at right tackle but he can play at left tackle and you can tell he wants to hit pads. Who knows, I'm pulling for him.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by jrg:
Matt Maiocco: Much of the 49ers' hopes for this season rests on the shoulders of Barry Sims, who will play left tackle for the next six weeks in place of injured Joe Staley.

Sims actually played pretty solid against Freeney who only had ONE sack for the day. That's not bad at all. Now if he can continue to play like that for an extended period is anybody's guess, but I'm not going to sweat the small $4|t.

~Ceadder

Yeah, and that one sack Freeney was stunting and never came into contact with Sims. The guy looked good. Let's see how he plays when teams prepare for him.
Well it's not like having no o-line is anything new to Alex or Gore at this point. To his credit, Simms played well last game. Still, I'm not holding my breath that it'll last.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Hope he play's like last sunday.

If not.....

Just out of curiosity, why did you throw in an apostrophe in "play's"? That's one of the most unusual typos I've ever seen.

Becau'se its awe'some

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Yeah it's going to be a little rough but the scary thing is if Sims or Snyder go down, than the whole O-Line is in complete shambles.

shhhhhhhh
the way i look at it is if we are a little less fuked than the cardinals, thats all that matters lol
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:
Random thought; I actually think his tattoos (and Staley's and Newberry's - RIP) make our team look "cool" on television...

Jeremy newberry? Is he dead I didn't know that.....I remember after a game against the raiders, a raider fan broke a bottle on his dads head. I always liked newberry....that sucks.
he said he feels far more comfortable playing LT than he does RT

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/11/a-first-for-tar.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

He looked like he was more comfortable playing LT than RT, I think well be ok with the o-line.

Originally posted by Snider8706:

Jeremy newberry? Is he dead I didn't know that.....I remember after a game against the raiders, a raider fan broke a bottle on his dads head. I always liked newberry....that sucks.

he's not dead
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Not many teams could lose two tackles to injury and not suffer big time.
Originally posted by Snider8706:

he's not dead
oh I thought that cuz it said rip after his name. Well that's good then.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How did he play in the past? I haven't seen him much before he was on the 49ers.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading Sims played left tackle when he made the Pro Bowl some years ago...
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by jrg:
Matt Maiocco: Much of the 49ers' hopes for this season rests on the shoulders of Barry Sims, who will play left tackle for the next six weeks in place of injured Joe Staley.

Sims actually played pretty solid against Freeney who only had ONE sack for the day. That's not bad at all. Now if he can continue to play like that for an extended period is anybody's guess, but I'm not going to sweat the small $4|t.

~Ceadder

Yeah, and that one sack Freeney was stunting and never came into contact with Sims. The guy looked good. Let's see how he plays when teams prepare for him.
Share 49ersWebzone