There are 238 users in the forums

10-6

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Your crazy.............

5-11 looks more realistic

I see 6-10 ...
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

lol, who cares about the w/l record if she is sitting next to you at the game?
We will beat the Lions, Rams, and maybe the Jags. We have a shot against the seahawks and cardinals . . . that is all.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ktate14:
I see 6-10 ...
sweep the division and finish with a 6-10 record
7-9 or maybe 8-8
This thread should be pin and make official for delusional niner fans.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
8-8 would almost be too much to hope for.
That's a nice thought...but I'm afraid that's all it is. Much as I'd like to agree with you, I just can't. I believe we'll be very lucky to go 8-8...even that record may not happen, as it wouldn't surprise me to see us go 6-10. During the second half of the season, even the bottom-feeders can jump up and bite you, because they have nothing to lose. I don't see us beating 'Zona again, maybe not Seattle, either. Beating the Eagles in Philly? Dallas just did it, but look at their talent, too. They're finally living up to it (although we'll see when the playoffs roll around). Packers can beat us, maybe Jags, too. I'd love to see us finish above .500, but unless we quit beating ourselves, it's not happening. Injuries are really mounting up, too, and our depth just isn't as good as the better teams. That's the reality I see...

Yes im confident enough to make a thread about this.

Chicago- W
@ Green Bay- W
Jacksonville- W
@ Seattle- W
Arizona (MNF)- W
@ Philadelphia- L
Detroit- W
@ St.Louis- W

The fact is we have lost 4 of our last 5 games by a touchdown or less and I would argue 3 of those games (Minnesota, Indy and Tennessee) we outplayed our opponents and should have won. Now we didn't but my point is we have shown we can play with some of the best teams and you take a few turnovers or a miracle play and we would have. We are not that far away, this isn't 2007 or even last year, we have a good team.

We have to, have to cutback on the turnovers and we have to start creating some turnovers on defense. Playing Jay Cutler tomorrow may do just the trick as he is a QB who will make some bad throws and I expect us to at least get an INT tomorrow if not more.

I feel good about this team, I was very encouraged with the way Jimmy Raye opened things up last week and the game he called. It was our best all-around offensive performance of the year and it is a great sign to see that Raye can be creative and open things up and that he and Mike Singletary are flexible/smart enough to do so. Now with the benching of Issac Bruce, this is another plus for the team. I hope Jason Hill is the #2 WR and Morgan is the #3 but either way, we will be better off.

I think with some more work and time, Alex Smith will get better chemistry with these guys and working in the offense. It was just his 2nd start of the season and he is still building chemistry with these guys and Crabtree is still learning the full offense and getting chemistry with Alex as well. Going forward, I like our offense, I think Alex will be fine, I really can only blame him for one of the INT's last week and I love the way Raye is using Vernon Davis on offense and Vernon Davis is playing like a pro bowl player, week in and week out. With Crabtree getting more time and learning more of the system with each week and now with J Hill in there and Bruce out, I like our offense. One guy I am not as confident about is Josh Morgan. He drops some balls and can be lazy running routes. He is very inconsistent. I'd like to see Delaine Walker get some of the balls Morgan gets thrown his way.

Our Defense- I know we don't have a big time pass rusher and were not forcing many turnovers but our defense is very good. Our D-Line, Justin Smith, Aubrayo Franklin and Issac Sopoaga is as good as it gets for a 3 man line. Everyone talks about how great Franklin is playing and he is playing outstanding football, but Issac Sopoaga is playing very good football as well and Justin Smith, well he's a GREAT player. Patrick Willis at LB is as good as it gets and I was happy to see more of Ahmad Brooks last week. He didn't have a great game but he was going up against one of the best LT's in the NFL in Michael Roos. I hope he gets 10-15 snaps again this week. Manny Lawson is a very solid all-around football player. Were set at CB with Shawntae Spencer and Tarrell Brown and Bly is a good nickle corner but if Spencer or Brown go down we are in trouble. At safety, I like Dashon Goldson, in his 3rd NFL season (1st as starter) he has played very good, consistant football and is becoming a leader of the defense. He hits like a ton of bricks and runs really well. He makes some great tackles coming out of nowhere and rarely misses any tackles. Now he could do a better job of playing the ball and I think we all were hoping for more INT's out of him but give him some time, though I do think SS may be a better posisition for him than FS. He is a good player though. Michael Lewis is nearing the end and I cringe everytime Mark Roman enters the game. I hope Reggie Smith can get healthy and stay healthy and he starts seeing sme time as our 6th DB.

So yeah I feel good about this team, I really do. Mike Singletary is going to do whatever it takes to win games and the team is going to fight for him. We just have to cut back on these turnovers (some of them were almost flukes). Were going to be okay, I said coming into the season that next yr is when I expect to make the playoffs but even at 3-5 right now, I feel good about since the bandwagon is light again, Im going to make the prediction we go 10-6 and find a way to get in the playoffs (by winning the division or wildcard, don't rule it out, the NFC is not very strong this year). So to all the negative neds, haters and Lowell Cohen, watch us win tomorrow and start a win streak!

GO NINERS!!!
  • JD81
  • Veteran
I think we'll finish 8-8....But I'm pulling for 9-7.
Originally posted by JD81:

We win tomorrow, I think we go on a winning streak. We will have 10 days to prepare for Green Bay and the Packers are a beat up team who are not playing very good football. Gotta win tomorrow....
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by JD81:

We win tomorrow, I think we go on a winning streak. We will have 10 days to prepare for Green Bay and the Packers are a beat up team who are not playing very good football. Gotta win tomorrow....

hope your right!!!
...but they'll probably end up being...

Chicago- W
@ Green Bay- L (because we're in Lambeau)
Jacksonville- L (because MJD will run all over us just like CJ did - plus, Gerrard is better than Vince Young at this point)
@ Seattle- W
Arizona (MNF)- L (because they're a better team - and their running game is starting to come around)
@ Philadelphia- L (obvious)
Detroit- W
@ St.Louis- W

7-9
Share 49ersWebzone