LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Alex Smith, 6th Best QB in the NFL (That's Right!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by mickey49:
Originally posted by maximill15:
listen you can spin stats any which way you want, but the two things about smith that bother me the most are:

1. WINS!

2. Balls thrown away! Yes alex does this well! Sometimes its the right decision, but sometimes he gets rid of it too quickly or when he could have made a play and didn't!

I agree. Everytime Alex gets flushed out of the pocket and starts running toward the sideline, I already know the "throw it away" play is coming. I know often times receivers are covered in those plays, but c'mon!!! At some point you just gotta make a play. Alex can do that but those instances are very few and far between...

agreed. people always talk about his mobility, but I think it is overrated actually. he usually rolls to the right, and when he does, it's usually not a good result. I'm not sure if he could avoid doing that by stepping into the pocket more and buying time.

His mobility is highly overrated. He averages 2 yards per run where Hill averaged 8 ypr. I just don't think he's very quick. He may have that straight ahead speed but he can't explode.
Originally posted by 4JusticeNow:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Call the HOF committee immediately.

Who said HOF? You must be a Smtih hater.

I never liked the decision to take Smith over Rodgers, but Smith has sold me over the past 2 games.

It doesn't matter to me. Alex, Shaun or whoever, I cheer for the one that gives us the best chance to win. End of story.

Well it AIN'T Alex? Do we even need to post his W-L record?

You can try, but such a record doesn't exist.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Well if this is the case, then according to statistics and long term study, I should be hotter than Brad Pitt.

Well I for one think you are sir.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by socal81:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Call the HOF committee immediately.

Who said HOF? You must be a Smtih hater.

I never liked the decision to take Smith over Rodgers, but Smith has sold me over the past 2 games.

WTF? are we watching the same game? 231 Passing with only 1 td against the 32nd ranked pass defense? 3 INT's against Philly...yeah I'm sold too

230 yards in 3 quarters, the team didn't really pass in the 4th quarter. The offense is still taking baby steps. Having the same O next year should allow that offense to progress.

excuses, excuses.....
Share 49ersWebzone