LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Singeltary on Issac Bruce

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Crabtree, Morgan, B Jones, J Hill, those should be our top 4 WR's.

that is a nice WR corp that can stretch the field Hill and jones are supposed to the the speed receivers, Crabtree is pretty damn solid and Morgan is off and on
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:

that is a nice WR corp that can stretch the field Hill and jones are supposed to the the speed receivers, Crabtree is pretty damn solid and Morgan is off and on

That is next years WR line up.

I'm a Jason Hill fan, but he should just sit tight, his time will come.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

That is next years WR line up.

I'm a Jason Hill fan, but he should just sit tight, his time will come.

Not big on Hill(maybe I just don't like the name Hill but I do agree that Bruce needs to sit his ass on the bench. he just doesn't have it anymore. Sit him and give jones and I guess hill and chance to make some plays

The question is will the O-Line give enough time for these guys to get down the field and Alex Smith to have time to throw to them

The question is will the O-Line give enough time for these guys to get down the field and Alex Smith to have time to throw to them

with this line and this oline coach probably not. it all depends on who we are playing. hopefully next year the OLine and the OLine coach is adressed in the offseason
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hope he gets less playing time.

Free Brandon Jones

and Jason Hill

i don't know why we ever benched him in the first place. i've been a jason hill fan since he was drafted and never jumped off the bandwagon. how could you demote a player after single handedly leading our comeback against the cards last season on MNF
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I was calling for Bruce to be released before the season and eveybody called me crazy.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm waiting for the poster who will say we are out of our minds calling for Bruce to be benched, and remind us how he's a hall of fame receiver, and is one of the best route runners....

I think VD & Bruce switched hands in the off season

• jcs
  • Veteran

Hard to stretch the field when your Oline can't pass block long enough to let plays develop.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
I hope he gets less playing time.

Free Brandon Jones

and Jason Hill

i don't know why we ever benched him in the first place. i've been a jason hill fan since he was drafted and never jumped off the bandwagon. how could you demote a player after single handedly leading our comeback against the cards last season on MNF

He also played well against Washington. This is one of the most puzzling moves. He should be out there. I might be in the minority, but I believe that Jason Hill is our 2nd best WR, right behind Crabtree. I'd start Hill over Morgan. Hill runs precise routes and has good hands. Morgan is learning, but he's inconsistent and immature. He also disappears in games sometimes.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 2, 2009 at 18:34:40 ]

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Bruce is playing for a paycheck, and not for the team.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I guess he doesn't want to be paid very much because he isn't trying very hard
We dont even need to spread the field often. We just need the threat of spreading the field. Like in 2006 this should allow Gore to do his thing.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

looks good
Originally posted by GEEK:

I guess he doesn't want to be paid very much because he isn't trying very hard

That's what's so surprising, knowing Singletary's mentality and approach to the game, you'd think he'd recognize Bruce's drops, lack of effort and lackadaisical performances. All I can say is Hill and Jones must have done something to piss Coach off. It's time we see what these younger guys can contribute to this offense.
Share 49ersWebzone