Shop Find 49ers gear online

Singletary's Approval Rating

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He sucks.

Week 11, 1980. Bill Walsh was 5-22 as head coach. you were one of those people saying he was horrible, and needs to go. way to go dude. great instincts.

be more patient. successful coaches dont just walk in and go 13-3 and win the super bowl. calm down. im glad no one on this board is in charge of anything in the 49ers organization. everyone pulls the plug so early.

Yeah, Bill Walsh's team was 5-22, but you could see how his team was getting better and better week after week, you could clearly see his offensive genius and game management on the field. Do you see that with Sing? Like Ali G says: Ich don't think so.

Actually, yes. I do see the team improving. The defense is tightening up, and the offense is starting to hit its stride. It seems like it's only a matter of time before everything comes together. It helps that the schedule softens up too.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 2, 2009 at 18:42:01 ]
85%.

I think he's a good coach and i don't think that he's a major part of the problem...yet.

But if he's gonna be oblivious to our needs on offense by next season, then my rating will dip.

-9fA
He's approval rating should be going down, and fast.
Singletary is refusing to acknowledge that the running game is what's killing this team. Sing keeps backing Raye "150%" because he likes this type of ball. No big plays that might result in turnovers. The only time we do see plays like that is when we're behind with the game clock running down. And if by the grace of God the team does have the lead, he tries to sit on it and protect the lead with that horrible running game. Trying the "protect" the lead, the offense typically gets really conservative and goes 3 and out with runs and short passes. HOW DO YOU PROTECT A LEAD BY GOING 3 AND OUT? Did anybody really think we could hold Indy to under 14 points??

Sing keeps implying the O-line isn't ready to pass block in the shotgun, spread formation. Well, I hate to tell him, but the O-line isn't ready to run block either.
Singletary keeps trying to impose his will on this offense, but it's simply NOT a power running team. Even with 2 TEs and a FB, we can't get the tough yds when we need them. We've seen Alex throw out of the 3 and 4 WR sets, we should try running out of that formation also. I know Raye only runs up the middle, but maybe it's time we use some off-tackles, pitches, and sweeps. Get Gore out behind those big WRs and let them work against the CBs. The team has big WRs that can block, why aren't we using them?

I don't know if that will work, but I do KNOW the current running scheme ISN'T working. If Coach Singletary doesn't realize this and make some changes somewhere, he'll be watching the playoffs and not coaching in them.
3% of zoners in this poll ride the short bus.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
3% of zoners in this poll ride the short bus.

or they are fans of other teams
He sucks.

Just think if you take away his 3 losses, hes undefeated.
like him so far, has the niners playing hard and competing the only problem i have is that he let go of sheets and wont bench bruce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
He sucks.

Week 11, 1980. Bill Walsh was 5-22 as head coach. you were one of those people saying he was horrible, and needs to go. way to go dude. great instincts.

be more patient. successful coaches dont just walk in and go 13-3 and win the super bowl. calm down. im glad no one on this board is in charge of anything in the 49ers organization. everyone pulls the plug so early.

Yeah, Bill Walsh's team was 5-22, but you could see how his team was getting better and better week after week, you could clearly see his offensive genius and game management on the field. Do you see that with Sing? Like Ali G says: Ich don't think so.

Actually, yes. I do see the team improving. The defense is tightening up, and the offense is starting to hit its stride. It seems like it's only a matter of time before everything comes together. It helps that the schedule softens up too.

And exactly how has the offense improved so far when we are in the bottom of every offensive category?
Originally posted by AKfanster:
He's approval rating should be going down, and fast.
Singletary is refusing to acknowledge that the running game is what's killing this team. Sing keeps backing Raye "150%" because he likes this type of ball. No big plays that might result in turnovers. The only time we do see plays like that is when we're behind with the game clock running down. And if by the grace of God the team does have the lead, he tries to sit on it and protect the lead with that horrible running game. Trying the "protect" the lead, the offense typically gets really conservative and goes 3 and out with runs and short passes. HOW DO YOU PROTECT A LEAD BY GOING 3 AND OUT? Did anybody really think we could hold Indy to under 14 points??

Sing keeps implying the O-line isn't ready to pass block in the shotgun, spread formation. Well, I hate to tell him, but the O-line isn't ready to run block either.
Singletary keeps trying to impose his will on this offense, but it's simply NOT a power running team. Even with 2 TEs and a FB, we can't get the tough yds when we need them. We've seen Alex throw out of the 3 and 4 WR sets, we should try running out of that formation also. I know Raye only runs up the middle, but maybe it's time we use some off-tackles, pitches, and sweeps. Get Gore out behind those big WRs and let them work against the CBs. The team has big WRs that can block, why aren't we using them?

I don't know if that will work, but I do KNOW the current running scheme ISN'T working. If Coach Singletary doesn't realize this and make some changes somewhere, he'll be watching the playoffs and not coaching in them.

This.

If he can't change out of pride, and tangible traits he has, then the team will hit the ceiling as far as improvement is concerned, and in my view they are getting pretty close to that now.

It would seem as simple as just looking clearly at what happens in these close games. But, you have to want to see first..

For me and most of you, it's been a long time since the glory years, and I am sick and tired of seeing willful coaches try to impose their will on our teams when in fact the will they are trying to impose, does not fit what is in front of their eyes.

Enough is enough; if we had a front office with BALLS, they would make a call down to his office and tell him, "Hey you know, we are starting to become concerned about non-efforts to, make the best of what you have, how about it coach, can you adapt?"

NINERS!!!!!!!
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
He sucks.

And you're the same guy who expected to lose to the Colts on Sunday.

And you are the OP of this thread

Lets be real about one thing, this isn't a team loaded with talent. Coach sing has taken a handfule of "ok" players and a few stars and have fans expecting to win every weekend. To me thats the sign of a good coach. He is a rookie head coach in his first full season. My expectations coming into this year was a 9-7 record... if that is not good enough to get us in the playoffs so be it.

We dont have a single offensive lineman, defensive lineman, pass rush OLB, Defensive back, WR, QB, or RB even close to getting consideration with the probowl, and yet I look at all the remaining games on the schedual and dont see why we shouldn't win them all. If that isn't good coaching i dont know what is.

He has this team playing at a level not seen in 6-7 years. Im onboard with everything he is doing. The play calling to this point has been up and down but to this point we were game planning with Hill at QB, we didn't know what we had in ALEX and im still corssing my fingers everytime he is on the field.

He is changing the colture of this team and it doesn't happen over night. Give him time and dont judge him until the end of the season... now if he doesn't win another game this season... off with his head.
Sing+Raye+SM=one big pile of garbage.

Seriously you guys who are calling for sing to be fired sound retarded
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
He sucks.

Just think if you take away his 3 losses, hes undefeated.

post of the week
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
He sucks.

And exactly how has the offense improved so far when we are in the bottom of every offensive category?

We're actually moving the ball and staying in games against quality teams? Try not to be so narrow-minded. Some things don't show up in statistics. Our offense was pathetic under Shaun Hill. Alex Smith isn't going to change the statistics in 1.5 games.
Share 49ersWebzone