There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defense got Three Sacks and a Fumble

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
If only Bly could catch, we could have had two more wins instead of two losses.

There's a reason he plays on defense.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by niners94:
They played well enough to win.

obviously not

If the offense did anything yes. Giving up 18 points against Peyton Manning show be good enough to win.
Like the D but gotta stop giving up the deep ball. Sick of hearing announcers say "He's wide open"
this was a GREAT Defensive performance by the 9ers. Further they proved Nate Clements is not a necessity rather a luxery as the CB depth on this team is amazing. Spencer, Bly, Brown are all starter quality and Hudson isn't bad.
I for one am very proud of the way the D looked today.
Originally posted by matt49er:
this was a GREAT Defensive performance by the 9ers. Further they proved Nate Clements is not a necessity rather a luxery as the CB depth on this team is amazing. Spencer, Bly, Brown are all starter quality and Hudson isn't bad.

good point.
I'd like to give credit to our Defensive game plan! Manunsky had a great game plan and i think our D executed it great! 3 sacks, making that prolific offense settle for field goals was really impressive!!
Defense played great. Too bad the offense couldn't compliment.

Can't stay on the field too long with Manning. I thought Shawntae made a great pass deflection on a Manning to Wayne deep throw to the end zone. Soap played a good game bull rushing the line and overall we did not give a lot of big plays.

Encouraging play from the D. Hope we keep it up.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Can't stay on the field too long with Manning. I thought Shawntae made a great pass deflection on a Manning to Wayne deep throw to the end zone. Soap played a good game bull rushing the line and overall we did not give a lot of big plays.

A sack each from Franklin, Sopoaga, and Lawson(?). And the DL was in Mannings face ALOT, which accounts for some of the overthrows he made.

Now if we could have taken advantage of their two rookie CBs . . . .

But our best WR was starting his 2nd game, and our QB was starting his first for quite awhile, so I was/am disappointed they didn't cash in on the opportunity, but I'm excited at the progress.

What we're hearing post game gives me hope as well. Singletary's worked to make them a tough-minded team, and they're not done yet.

Now if Morgan would please grow up and cut out the high school celebrations. Think he got his a$$ chewed out a little? How about acting like you've been there before on a TD?
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

A sack each from Franklin, Sopoaga, and Lawson(?). And the DL was in Mannings face ALOT, which accounts for some of the overthrows he made.

Now if we could have taken advantage of their two rookie CBs . . . .

But our best WR was starting his 2nd game, and our QB was starting his first for quite awhile, so I was/am disappointed they didn't cash in on the opportunity, but I'm excited at the progress.

What we're hearing post game gives me hope as well. Singletary's worked to make them a tough-minded team, and they're not done yet.

Now if Morgan would please grow up and cut out the high school celebrations. Think he got his a$$ chewed out a little? How about acting like you've been there before on a TD?

*Edit-nvm, they indeed put it on Morgan for getting down on one knee while taking pictures of Vernon...Jesus Christ...bulls**t...

[ Edited by GameOver on Nov 2, 2009 at 18:30:42 ]
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by matt49er:

good point.

disagree, dallas clark was doing quite well post clements injury
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
20th rank defense???

29th in passing

2nd in rush defense

Originally posted by Kolohe:
20th rank defense???

29th in passing

2nd in rush defense

MAN, we need a legit pass rusher.......
Originally posted by AKfanster:
20th rank defense???

29th in passing

2nd in rush defense

Very badly!
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
If only Bly could catch, we could have had two more wins instead of two losses.

Yeah, "But Dre is gonna be Dre."

Three sacks and a fumble AND didn't give up a TD pass to Payton Manning. They had to dust off a nine year old trick play to be the Niners. That doesn't suck.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
20th rank defense???

29th in passing

2nd in rush defense

Very badly!

We should've traded for Peppers. True, I don't know if we tried or not, but it sure would make me feel a whole lot better knowing that we did try.