LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 344 users in the forums

Defense got Three Sacks and a Fumble

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How did our guys get three sacks on Manning? That was more in one game than Indi had gotten in all of the previous games. So we did some things well.
I don't remember the fumble, just the one that was overturned.
Bly could have had an interception for 6 if he could catch.

But i guess that's why he's a DB.

-9fA
The defense played their hearts out today. That was a great showing against a QB that just isn't sacked very often.
All that while only rushing 4 lineman. With the way the line was playing I questioned why we were blitzing our CB's. I guess our Defense is like our offense "If it's working, change it up until it doesn't". Best Coaching Ever...
Thank god for Manning overthrows
They played well enough to win.
With the Dline getting the sacks where were the LBs?
Originally posted by niners94:
They played well enough to win.

obviously not
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
All that while only rushing 4 lineman. With the way the line was playing I questioned why we were blitzing our CB's. I guess our Defense is like our offense "If it's working, change it up until it doesn't". Best Coaching Ever...

you let your defense get predictable against manning and he'll tear you apart. Defensive coaching was excellent in my mind, giving manning all sorts of different looks.

Originally posted by JoeCool031619:

Actually sometimes the blitzes paid off because the defense knew exactly where Peyton was going to go with the ball.

When we were sending a CB, the WR that the CB was covering became the hot read. When the CB blitzed, Peyton 8/10 times threw it to the hot read who were able to bottle up more times than not.

Admittedly, the blitz did sometimes bite us.

-9fA
Originally posted by fzrdave:
The defense played their hearts out today. That was a great showing against a QB that just isn't sacked very often.

Great pressure with four lineman against a great QB.
If only Bly could catch, we could have had two more wins instead of two losses.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
If only Bly could catch, we could have had two more wins instead of two losses.

no lie bout that
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
With the Dline getting the sacks where were the LBs?

Good question... I guess trying to cover the RBs and TEs.

I don't question anything on defense today We gave up a lot of yards, but that's Peyton Manning, who will be a first-ballot HoF'er, and is in the prime of his career, with an offense that is built around him.

I'm impressed with our defensive line. They're very good with bull-rushing... that's how they seem to get the majority of their sacks.
Share 49ersWebzone