Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I like the optimism, but I'll agree with crzy

One

Game

at

a

time.

yes

once again everyone, 1 game at a time, if us fans who have nothing to do with the organization start looking towards the future, the team will not focus on the game at hand and the season is lost.

Originally posted by Sandhog:
Anyone see an unwinnable game on the schedule? I don't. Sure we lost to the Colts on the road, but did any of you realistically expect us to go in there and win the way they have been lighting teams up this year? This was a good game for us. It wasn't great since we lost, but overall much better than we could have hoped for at the begining of the year. Particularly after losing Staley on the first play of the game. Simms has almost redeemed himself in the way he stepped up today. Chilo needs to be benched, however. Just been getting manhandled all year and snyder is not much better. Anyone know if Wragge has played at LG for us before? I know he has filled in at T and G on the left side. I think if he has some comfort level at RG that is one change that will help us immensely.

I was pleased that we were in position to steal a win there and as optimistic as I am regarding this team I fully expected a spanking today after our showings over the last couple of weeks. We have played 2 of the best NFL teams in the vikes and colts, both on the road no less, to the wire and had great chances to win both games.

Toughest game on the schedule now looks to be Eagles on the road and at this point I wouldn't call that an automatic loss as hot and cold as that team has been this year.

Az is getting their behinds handed to them, right at the moment, at home and, Seahawks and Rams are out of the picture for this year. So what gives with all of the pessimism? We are getting a good solid look at Smith at qb (something we really needed to do) and he has looked like he might do well for us after all. Defense looks to be good enough to hang with damn near anyone, barring a few catastrophic breakdowns, and Crabtree is showing the reason we drafted him where we did.

I can only assume some people's expectations are totally unreasonable at this point and, in addition, this IS the WZ...still there is a long way to go yet this season and we are far from out of it. Plus we have an almost perfect scenario going into next years draft (pending Smith panning out) to really put the last few pieces together in order to become a dominant team. So cheer up little campers the best is yet to come!

I don't see any unwinnable games but there are no gimmie games either. We have to win these next 2 - at this point pretty imperative. The last 2 games we should win going away against Detroit and St Louis. I can see the team if they get agressive with the play calling getting to Philly 8-5 maybe 9-4.
Uh, sure.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 1, 2009 at 14:46:26 ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by MadManManny32:
LOL at counting our W's after we go on a three game losing streak.

Its Called a Prediction..

Like how everyone was predicting a W vs. the Falcons.

Against the Falcons We Didnt Have Alex's Arm or Crabs...

Don't know if you were here, but a lot of people on this board was predicting that as a W. Tell me are you really sure about your prediction?? Or do you think if you analyzed our future opponents a little deeper you would second guess your prediction?? Cause right now, it looks as if we are gonna be without Staley and Clements, two key players on each side of the ball.

Yeah. Are you sure? Cause if you are wrong you will be scoffed at and banned from the webzone forever! (insert evil laugh here.)

Relax. The dude is just making a prediction. One that sounds pretty good to my ears.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=131607
Originally posted by luv49rs:
niner talk is killing me

all this thread merging is killing me
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HuntMike:

Its Called a Prediction..

Like how everyone was predicting a W vs. the Falcons.

Against the Falcons We Didnt Have Alex's Arm or Crabs...

Don't know if you were here, but a lot of people on this board was predicting that as a W. Tell me are you really sure about your prediction?? Or do you think if you analyzed our future opponents a little deeper you would second guess your prediction?? Cause right now, it looks as if we are gonna be without Staley and Clements, two key players on each side of the ball.

Yeah. Are you sure? Cause if you are wrong you will be scoffed at and banned from the webzone forever! (insert evil laugh here.)

Relax. The dude is just making a prediction. One that sounds pretty good to my ears.

I know hes just making a prediction, I'm just trying to make discussion.

I just hope we win again. Forgot about anything else.
Right now the Cards are getting beat by the Panthers.

Our upcoming games give us the Titans and Bears at home, the Packers on the road, home with the Jags, to the Seahawks, home with the Cards, to the Eagles, home to the Lions and to the Rams.

We should be in all of those games, and I think we should win 7 of them.

Titans are poor, and the Bears at home should go to our favor. Beating the Packers in GB will be an uphill battle. Then the Jags and Seahawks should both go to us. THe Cards will be tough but we've beat them once already and now we get them on our field. Going to the Eagles is the hardest game we have on the schedule left. Finishing against the Lions and Rams should be 2 wins.

The Cards don't have a much harder schedule, but they are losing to less talented teams.

The great thing about our remaining schedule is that I don't see a certain loss anywhere on it. Of course that doesn't mean we're going to win them all, but it sure looks like we have a very good chance at getting back to having a winning season after six straight losing seasons.
Tennessee has found its run game this week

lets hope the leave it in Tennessee for next week

so this is a thread about upcoming games?

sweet!
i said this last week the cards got lucky last week by beating the giants...but after losing 3 straight games how good are the giants anyways? But anyways i also said last week that the only game i see us losing is the eagles game and we will finish the season 11-5 and win the west.
We need to win next week to stop this slide. These two month losing streaks in October and November have been killing us the past few years.
Share 49ersWebzone