There are 190 users in the forums

The Niners Remaining Schedule....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MadManManny32
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:
LOL at counting our W's after we go on a three game losing streak.

Its Called a Prediction..
Realistically speaking, our schedule does get easier as long as we just plan for games the same way we did against the Colts. -Manning didn't have a crappy game today, our defense was mugging Indy like no team has all season (in their own house), and we should have won if it wasn't for Raye.

There's still a strong chance that we could tie the division up 7-9, or 8-8 with the Cards by week 14.

MNF will ultimately decide our playoff fate though, with the eyes of the world upon us.
  • MadManManny32
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by crzy:
It's barely, not bearly.

Fixed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MadManManny32:

Like how everyone was predicting a W vs. the Falcons.
There's a lot to like about this team - the play of the defense, most of our skill position players, A. Smith getting better, Andy Lee.

But there's a lot to dislike about this team - Raye, the OL, Bruce dropping too many passes, Raye, penalties and sacks at bad times, Raye.

Today was encouraging that we hung with the best team in the AFC, but also discouraging because we let a game get away that we easily could have won. It seems like the 49ers losses over the last few years have been because of similar happenings - sacks and penalties knocking us out of FG range, losing the turnover battle, poor play calling.

We've been competitive. And now that the schedule gets easier, I can see this team getting back to winning football.
  • MadManManny32
  • Info N/A

Against the Falcons We Didnt Have Alex's Arm or Crabs...
I like the optimism, but I'll agree with crzy

One

Game

at

a

time.
  • okie
  • Info N/A
I'm with you.

We lost today to the best team in football, by four points (on their field). Play calling was weak --- needed more in the spread offense. It was not a disaster like some predicted. 9-7 looks likley, 10-6 is possible. See you in the playoffs.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
One

game

at

a

time
thats been working wonders for us for about 8 years lol

Actually I did have crabs for the Atlanta game. Oh...you meant...nevermind.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I like the optimism, but I'll agree with crzy

One

Game

at

a

time.

yes

once again everyone, 1 game at a time, if us fans who have nothing to do with the organization start looking towards the future, the team will not focus on the game at hand and the season is lost.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Don't know if you were here, but a lot of people on this board was predicting that as a W. Tell me are you really sure about your prediction?? Or do you think if you analyzed our future opponents a little deeper you would second guess your prediction?? Cause right now, it looks as if we are gonna be without Staley and Clements, two key players on each side of the ball.
  • Sandhog
  • Info N/A
Anyone see an unwinnable game on the schedule? I don't. Sure we lost to the Colts on the road, but did any of you realistically expect us to go in there and win the way they have been lighting teams up this year? This was a good game for us. It wasn't great since we lost, but overall much better than we could have hoped for at the begining of the year. Particularly after losing Staley on the first play of the game. Simms has almost redeemed himself in the way he stepped up today. Chilo needs to be benched, however. Just been getting manhandled all year and snyder is not much better. Anyone know if Wragge has played at LG for us before? I know he has filled in at T and G on the left side. I think if he has some comfort level at RG that is one change that will help us immensely.

I was pleased that we were in position to steal a win there and as optimistic as I am regarding this team I fully expected a spanking today after our showings over the last couple of weeks. We have played 2 of the best NFL teams in the vikes and colts, both on the road no less, to the wire and had great chances to win both games.

Toughest game on the schedule now looks to be Eagles on the road and at this point I wouldn't call that an automatic loss as hot and cold as that team has been this year.

Az is getting their behinds handed to them, right at the moment, at home and, Seahawks and Rams are out of the picture for this year. So what gives with all of the pessimism? We are getting a good solid look at Smith at qb (something we really needed to do) and he has looked like he might do well for us after all. Defense looks to be good enough to hang with damn near anyone, barring a few catastrophic breakdowns, and Crabtree is showing the reason we drafted him where we did.

I can only assume some people's expectations are totally unreasonable at this point and, in addition, this IS the WZ...still there is a long way to go yet this season and we are far from out of it. Plus we have an almost perfect scenario going into next years draft (pending Smith panning out) to really put the last few pieces together in order to become a dominant team. So cheer up little campers the best is yet to come!
we desperately need to start a winning streak
SHUT YOUR MOUTH
Share 49ersWebzone