LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

M. Lewis and Bruce, what happen?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Other than the Oline sucking, what happen to Bruce and M. Lewis? Bruce droped couple of passed and didn't seem to even try. As for Lewis he was horrible covering Clark and after the big play he gave up he didn't even try to tackle the guy.

The bad thing is that we have no one to really replace Lewis. IMO our FS should be a SS and Smith when he comes from the groin injury should be FS.

Bruce need to be benched. What you guys think?
Originally posted by luis1985:
Other than the Oline sucking, what happen to Bruce and M. Lewis? Bruce droped couple of passed and didn't seem to even try. As for Lewis he was horrible covering Clark and after the big play he gave up he didn't even try to tackle the guy.

The bad thing is that we have no one to really replace Lewis. IMO our FS should be a SS and Smith when he comes from the groin injury should be FS.

I agree! If we wanna play an old guys, lets bring Rice back. I bet he still has game. We should start Morgan and Crabtee, as well as, give Jones more playing time!!
They got old. It's going to happen to you too, don't fool yourself.
To be honest I am impressed that M. Lewis is even playing.
Bruce has been pretty bad this season. Drops way too many. Right through his hands... He's had a great career, but unfortunately it looks like we kept him one season too long.
Originally posted by Flash80:

I agree! If we wanna play an old guys, lets bring Rice back. I bet he still has game. We should start Morgan and Crabtee, as well as, give Jones more playing time!!

Crabtree, Morgan, Jones.
My question to you is.....................what did you expect?

Michael Lewis has had 3 concussions this year and has always been suspect in coverage. Why do you think everybody is talking about drafting Taylor Mays or Eric Berry next year? Lewis is like an extra linebacker against the run, but struggles against the pass. Not to mention, Clark is the best TE in the AFC and makes a lot of safeties look bad.

Bruce is coming to the end of the line and had a bad day.
  • 49Wild
  • Info N/A
What happened is that they are starting to look old on a team that is really very young. As stated by one of the other post. Bruce really doesnt put it on the line to get the ball. One arm in the arm when the ball is in the air doesnt count. So Rev. Smile Face needs to give way to some of the younger guys. Lewis is showing why other teams past, very poor in coverage.
The problem was that Lewis was covering Clark....That's a terrible mismatch.

Bruce is done -- bench him.

We should cut Bruce. It seems like his stone hands kill a drive atleast once or twice per game. I'll give Mike Lewis a pass because of the concussions, but holy crap Bruce has been awful. If he holds on to one of those passes and keeps the drive alive, we probably win the game.
We all know Lewis sucks in coverage so I don't see da big deal you got a top 5 TE on one of da worse cover safeties & this what happens. You get what you pay for. bruce is just washed up
Originally posted by 49Wild:
What happened is that they are starting to look old on a team that is really very young. As stated by one of the other post. Bruce really doesnt put it on the line to get the ball. One arm in the arm when the ball is in the air doesnt count. So Rev. Smile Face needs to give way to some of the younger guys. Lewis is showing why other teams past, very poor in coverage.

Agree we need to get some younger guys on the field. These guys have been great for us, but it is time for them to start giving way.
the Dude had his bell rung last week , was brought back too soon , as for Bruce he is getting old , that's life !
Originally posted by cNiner:
the Dude had his bell rung last week , was brought back too soon , as for Bruce he is getting old , that's life !

Didn't he get a concussion vs Atlanta week 5 (10/11).. So it's been 3 weeks , but I still don't see where he played so terribly. Dallas Clark is great. We made good adjustments considering what Owen Daniels did to us last week. We shut down a potent offense. All blame should be directed to Raye & Sing..
Share 49ersWebzone