There are 148 users in the forums

Singletary is not the right coach for this team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
We can still win games with Sing's philosophy we just need to exute the plays that are being called. Good game overall at least we didn't get blown out. Once we get the OL situated and get a rushing OLB we'll be in the playoffs. Alex looked good and should continue to get better. That bodes well for the future as we can concentrate on other things in the draft.

Of course we CAN win some games... but why settle for inferior coaching. Singletary (and his stupid conservative philosophy) belongs with a top 5 defense. It's much easier to change a coach than an entire team.
Originally posted by King49er:
get out, jesus christ

I 2nd that...
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

No, we could have and should have won this game. We let Indy hang around all day without putting them away. To many 3-4-5 plays then punt.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

I expect us to play toward out strengths and not our weaknesses. We did that on D but refused to do that on offense.[/quote

We still lack a QB for the position he had time to throw not Raye fault. Overthrows, drops he was 50% I believe in completion rate absolutely unacceptable.
horrible post. i don't get how all of you knew this loss was coming and just cause pandemonium after the game
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Shut up, loser. Sing is doing well. He's not calling the plays. We played the best team in football all the way to the end...on the road!

yeah,but we still lost and the season is sleeping away. Sing gets the blame, he hired the oc.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Keeping the Colts out of the endzone for 45 minutes of the game says other wise.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.

Yea but we lack QB had a 50% completion percentage not gonna get it done with Indy and we were still in the game proud of the team. We need a QB!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We can still win games with Sing's philosophy we just need to exute the plays that are being called. Good game overall at least we didn't get blown out. Once we get the OL situated and get a rushing OLB we'll be in the playoffs. Alex looked good and should continue to get better. That bodes well for the future as we can concentrate on other things in the draft.

The future could have and should have been today. Are we turning into Browns fans or something?

We're a RT and a pass rushing OLB away from being contenders. Considering where we've been, I don't think that's too bad. Just a few tweeks here and there and we'll get there, but this season will be a season to see where we're at and then go full boar ahead after that.

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.

Yea but we lack QB had a 50% completion percentage not gonna get it done with Indy and we were still in the game proud of the team. We need a QB!

Uh, Alex was getting it done today. He was last week too. QB play was not the problem today. It was the play calling plain and simple.

The future could have and should have been today. Are we turning into Browns fans or something?

We're a RT and a pass rushing OLB away from being contenders. Considering where we've been, I don't think that's too bad. Just a few tweeks here and there and we'll get there, but this season will be a season to see where we're at and then go full boar ahead after that.

I'm not saying we don't have those problems, but those were not the reasons why we lost today.
Originally posted by CheapThrill:

No, we could have and should have won this game. We let Indy hang around all day without putting them away. To many 3-4-5 plays then punt.

I understand but that sounds like a QB issue. When he goes 50% against indy that's not gonna get it done what do you expect? Players are not making plays alot of key drops, overthrows, blown assignments in key situations.
imo its time for Scott to go. How many years in a row are we gonna say once the o line is situated & once they get a pass rusher the team will be better? On top of that he made no moves to sure up the oline or add any pass rushers to the team. If da guy who is supposed to fix da problem never fixes it then he needs to go. Ownership is wack & it just trickles down throughout the whole team
Originally posted by King49er:
get out, jesus christ

Agree Singletary is adjusting to the personal he has fine - he has had made the calls when he needed too - Look he made a bad choice of OC with Jimmy Raye and a bad evaluation in the QB spot (Hill should never have been the starter) but he is getting alot out of the current team - a team with an underachieving OL and an all but ignored DL over the last few years.

Offense is showing glimpses even with Raye - Alex made 4 really bad plays today ( the over throw on the screen that was nearly picked, Missing Bruce on the last drive and the INT, Also threw it behind bruce once though it did hit him in the hands) but he was good - The colts are a better team but we played with them and did get some confidence out of it.

Coach has us going in the right direction and he has shown the ability to change and adapt. 9-7 maybe 10-6 with a good chance at the playoffs and a team moving steadily up n- why on earth would we bring in someone else??

Now booting Scotty M from the GM spot - I could listen too...
My patience is wearing thin with Singletary. Sure, he didn't call the plays, but overall he needs to take responsibility for us not playing to our strengths. He's so stubborn with his, "...but we're still gonna run." BS

When he said last week that he was going to have to look at film, what film was he looking at? When he goes back to the film this week, what film is he going to be looking at. We all CLEARLY see what's working for this personnel and he's not forcing his hand with Raye. Ultimately, this falls on him, too.
And, forget this, "well, we were supposed to lose and kept it close." No way! We should have won. We had exactly one drive where we looked unstoppable and went right back to running so we could hold our 2 point lead against the Colts. Unbelievable.

I want winners. I want coaches that want to win.
Share 49ersWebzone